2007 YZ450F Hotcams use them or not

3 replies to this topic
  • rlm274

Posted December 09, 2010 - 10:51 PM

I'm sure this question or something close has been posted, but I can't find it. I'm rebuilding my 2007 YZ450F. I'm installing a new 13.5:1 Vertex piston with a new cylinder. Rebuilding the head, new stock valves,springs, guides, everything else, and having the seats done. I have a Dr. D exhaust. Should I replace the cams with the Hotcams stage1 or 2, and if so how will that effect my power band. I like the way it is but want a little more power. But I don't want to lose either the top or the bottem. Anybody who has used the Hotcams in this bike would be a great help. Thanks

• rlm274

Posted December 12, 2010 - 03:23 PM

Anyone have an opinion on Hotcams in the YZ450f?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotorcycleManiac

Posted December 12, 2010 - 05:20 PM

I run them in my 03' and I love them, I would definitely buy them again.

• Family Man

Posted December 13, 2010 - 07:41 PM

the 07 has a different cam profile from the 03. Make sure the hotcams you are looking at are in fact a differant taller lobe profile than the stock one.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.