Need extra large tank

7 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 16, 2001 - 02:06 PM

I am looking to trade someone for their extra lagre capacity tank for my 2000 426 tank that has stock graphics. i think we would have to trade the seats too. thanks

• Michael

Posted March 16, 2001 - 07:00 PM

If you are serious....email me, I'll trade my spare WR tank and seat. You'll be sorry in the end however.......

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 16, 2001 - 08:55 PM

Why would i be sorry? Is the tank messed up or somethin? Do you have a pic?
thanks

• Michael

Posted March 16, 2001 - 10:02 PM

No - it is like brand new, so is the seat. I took it off my WR to put on a narrower tank (Acerbis - there is a post with pictures) and a YZ seat. Your YZ seat/tank lets you get forward on the bike for better handling than you can with the WR set-up. Most all WR owners change their tank and seat out - so there are many available. If you want to trade - you won't find anything in better shape. 2001 WR with about 40 miles on it before the tank was removed. If you are interested I'll email you a picture. what shape is your tank/seat in?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 18, 2001 - 10:26 PM

I also have WR tank and seat for sale. Are in great shape, maybe 100 miles on them. Trade for your YZ tank seat or I'll sell them. kirktemp@hotmail.com

• Jason_in_KC

Posted March 20, 2001 - 08:06 AM

Hey guys these posts caught my interest! I have an 01yz426, I race hare scrambles in MO/KS, needing more fuel capacity. Are the WR seat/tank combos that bad? I am a stand up rider, and need to know if the trade for the WR set up be worth while or should I just buy an aftermarket tank? I only play around on a motox track, so that is not an issue. Let me know.

• enmerdeur

Posted March 20, 2001 - 02:49 PM

The WR Tank/Seat design is so poor I would still go with an IMS/Acerbis/Clarke alternative.

• Michael

Posted March 20, 2001 - 06:29 PM

Yes they are that bad. Get an aftermarket one, you will regret it if you don't. Even if you are a stand-up rider, you sit to corner on tight corners - that is when you'll hate the stock WR and that goofy steep seat. I went with Acerbis on my WR - but there are great thing said about the Ty Davis, IMS, and Clark also. Stay with your YZ seat and go with a good aftermarket tank.

Pictures of mine are shown here:
http://thumpertalk.c...discussion.html

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.