oil change and oil breather confusion. help!!

5 replies to this topic
  • wr450eff

Posted December 09, 2010 - 03:42 PM

hi, i've just finished doing an oil and filter change on my '04 wr 450 f and i noticed, after the oil change, that theres a breather coming off the top of the rocker cover which is blowing air out. is this normal? i only noticed because i had my bash plate off so it might of always done it. thanks for looking guys! :thumbsup:

• dgcars

Posted December 09, 2010 - 03:55 PM

Just the vent hose for the crankcases. As long as its air - its normal

• wr450eff

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:21 PM

yeah it is just air coming out. also what happens if i go through a puddle higher than the end of the pipe? will any water get sucked up? many thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dgcars

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:34 PM

During normal running the breather should blow but it will suck while starting. If you are going to be doing a lot of deep water riding, then route the pipe up & into the airbox. You can add a filter or catch tank to the end, to stop your airbox/filter gettin' messed up.

• wr450eff

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:43 PM

good idea! i'll do that tomorrow night. what kind of filter? i was thinking of an universal in line fuel filter for a car... would that be alright? thanks for your help and advice. :thumbsup:

• dgcars

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:48 PM

As long as you can clean it....whatever :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.