2004 Acerbis 3.3 gallon - which radiator gaurds?

2 replies to this topic
  • KGSloan

Posted December 08, 2010 - 09:17 AM

Hey guys,

I've got a few parts that need to be ordered/repaired after last weekends first adventure on the WR....I will have to send my left radiator off to Mylers for repair and replace the stock "gaurds" with something that offers actual protection to the radiators.

I have done some research on here and I am going to go with the Unabiker gaurds. At the same time I do this I would like to add the Acerbis 3.3 gallon tank, which uses the 'YZ' shrouds. So, which gaurds to I purchase from Unabiker to fit with the Acerbis tank? The WR or the YZ gaurds for a 2004?

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TLRam1

Posted December 12, 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hey guys,

I've got a few parts that need to be ordered/repaired after last weekends first adventure on the WR....I will have to send my left radiator off to Mylers for repair and replace the stock "gaurds" with something that offers actual protection to the radiators.

I have done some research on here and I am going to go with the Unabiker gaurds. At the same time I do this I would like to add the Acerbis 3.3 gallon tank, which uses the 'YZ' shrouds. So, which gaurds to I purchase from Unabiker to fit with the Acerbis tank? The WR or the YZ gaurds for a 2004?

Thanks!

Already did the research, the numbers and shrouds from the bikes you could use are. I used the same Acerbis tank but used factory Yamaha Shrouds.

Any of the below are the same and will fit, graphics could be different buying used.

05 WR Shrouds

LH 5TA-21730-00-00

RH 5TA-21740-00-00

Fits

05/06 - WR250F

05/06 – WR450F

03/04/05 – YZ250F

03/04/05 – YZ450F

• unabiker

Posted December 15, 2010 - 07:24 AM

You will need to use the WR450F rad guards. The radiator on the 03-04 WR450F is 10mm wider than the 03-05 YZ450F.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.