1st bike in 25 years

8 replies to this topic
  • bmxdad2001

Posted December 06, 2010 - 10:27 PM

I haven't owned I bike in, well 25 years, since I was first married. 4 kids later and watching my two boys race. Well its time for me to get back in the saddle. After much searching I came across a barely ridden 08 yz450. Cant wait to ride it. Just put new graphics on her.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by bmxdad2001, December 13, 2010 - 07:17 PM.
picture

• blakers213

Posted December 07, 2010 - 12:26 AM

You might know this but since you haven't riddened in so long you bought the perfect bike. Still as fast as anything out there but the easiest to ride. Good choice.I got an 09 new and love it.

• davcon

Posted December 07, 2010 - 06:34 AM

Nice!

Edited by davcon, December 07, 2010 - 05:44 PM.
dont need xtra pic

• dvn

Posted December 07, 2010 - 06:57 AM

You will love it. Very easy to ride for a 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bmxdad2001

Posted December 07, 2010 - 10:39 AM

Thanks guys I cant wait to ride it, I'm taking her out next week.

• YamaLink

Posted December 07, 2010 - 02:14 PM

The 08 was the turnaround year for the YZ450F in my opinion. Love it!

• Polar_Bus

Posted December 08, 2010 - 02:31 AM

I haven't owned I bike in, well 25 years, since I was first married. 4 kids later and watching my two boys race. Well its time for me to get back in the saddle. After much searching I came across a barely ridden 08 yz450. Cant wait to ride it. Just put new graphics on her.

Posted Image

At our "age" it's all about getting back on a bike that's "easy" to ride, and "easy" on the body.....

You picked the PERFECT bike ! Keep the oil fresh, make sure that bike has an aftermarket quality oring chain (the OEM stock is absolute garbage and will quickly destroy your sprockets) ! Enjoy !

• bmxdad2001

Posted December 08, 2010 - 08:09 AM

At our "age" it's all about getting back on a bike that's "easy" to ride, and "easy" on the body.....

You picked the PERFECT bike ! Keep the oil fresh, make sure that bike has an aftermarket quality oring chain (the OEM stock is absolute garbage and will quickly destroy your sprockets) ! Enjoy !

Thanks, in fact that was the first thing I ordered last week. I new Renthal sprocket and chain.

• usp4u

Posted December 08, 2010 - 09:18 AM

Great Score !
I also found my white 08 in showroom condition. Great bikes, you're gonna love it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.