2010/11 Cold wheather and backfire

22 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted December 08, 2010 - 10:35 AM

I only have one concern: do you think coolant would flow from bypass to T in hose 15 and go back through the radiators, out hose 16 to w/p? Or do you think it would maintain its flow from bypass - T - w/p? (I know thats mouth full)

Fluids will take the path of least resistance, so, no, it wouldn't do anything like that. While there could be a small amount of movement between the radiators, it's very much easier for the fluid to flow from the T straight down to the pump to fill the void created by the fluid being pumped up to the head. At worst, I would think you would have a "blended flow" condition, with maybe 30% or less flowing up into one radiator and out the other. Bear in mind that the bypass hose will be smaller already, too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tech24

Posted December 08, 2010 - 10:48 AM

Fluids will take the path of least resistance, so, no, it wouldn't do anything like that. While there could be a small amount of movement between the radiators, it's very much easier for the fluid to flow from the T straight down to the pump to fill the void created by the fluid being pumped up to the head. At worst, I would think you would have a "blended flow" condition, with maybe 30% or less flowing up into one radiator and out the other. Bear in mind that the bypass hose will be smaller already, too.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking also. Well it seems like an ideal setup for an FI bike. I guess I'll be the first to try it out on here and post up some results, assuming I can afford to do it soon. Thanks for the input.

• tech24

Posted December 09, 2010 - 11:05 AM

I may have this thing ordered. I finally got a hold of the guy as I couldn't order off website. He said his sales liscense is expired. I'm supposed to have an invoice in my e-mail to send payment buy the end of the day. He said he'll ship it tomorrow or Monday so after I get it installed I'll post a thread on my thought, results, and feelings (which may not do anyone any good if getting the part is difficult).

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.