OT: Should this be legal?

61 replies to this topic
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 16, 2003 - 05:23 AM

Can't recall the name of the movie, but it starred Jean Claude Van-Damme. Was about hunters stalking homeless guys with high powered rifles. The hunt was organised by some dude who charged the hunters big bucks to hunt the homeless guys..... :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted July 16, 2003 - 05:40 AM

Can't recall the name of the movie, but it starred Jean Claude Van-Damme. Was about hunters stalking homeless guys with high powered rifles. The hunt was organised by some dude who charged the hunters big bucks to hunt the homeless guys.....

I thought the movie had Ice T in it not van-damme. :)

I watched the clip and while it is pretty low. Is it lower than prostition?

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 16, 2003 - 05:52 AM

Pretty sure it was Van-Damme, could be wrong though. Also starred Lance Henrikson. Hey, just remembered, it was called Hard Target.

• cnacc

Posted July 16, 2003 - 05:53 AM

I find it funny that people get so upset about something like this.

Right now in Thailand and similar countries you could pay enough money to sleep with a child!!!! This is upsetting. Right know here in America you can do the same, this is upsetting. How about hiring some one to kill your spouse? Can be done for the right amount of money.

These things are upsetting, Idiots paying thousands to shoot at even dumber naked women is just stupid! Nothing more nothing less.
:)

• Merfman

Posted July 16, 2003 - 10:24 AM

Don't any of you read anything other than Thumpertalk? :)

The movie with Ice T, and no doubt this "game" is based on a
short story called "The Most Dangerous Game" Something I read
in lit class in college some 25 years ago.

Merf

• Jetster220

Posted July 16, 2003 - 10:28 AM

Yeah I remember reading that last year in class. Was a good book but what these people are doing is sick.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted July 16, 2003 - 12:28 PM

Both the 'hunter' and the 'game' are adults there of their own free will. Paintball is a legal activity. I don't see a problem other than it just shows how shallow the gene pool has gotten - for both men and women.

Would you feel differently if the 'game' was male? Or if 'Bambi' had a paintball gun?

Now the fact that there is no safety gear on Bambi is an issue.

Brian

• Burnrider

Posted July 16, 2003 - 02:19 PM

I find it funny that people get so upset about something like this.

Right now in Thailand and similar countries you could pay enough money to sleep with a child!!!! This is upsetting. Right know here in America you can do the same, this is upsetting. How about hiring some one to kill your spouse? Can be done for the right amount of money.

These things are upsetting, Idiots paying thousands to shoot at even dumber naked women is just stupid! Nothing more nothing less.
:)

In the scope of everything going on in the rest of the world this isn't going to make all the cable channels for long.

• Tony426

Posted July 16, 2003 - 03:27 PM

I guess my new venture, where people pay for the chance to chase naked women through the forest on dirt bikes and try to run them over is out then. :) :D

• Fryboy

Posted July 17, 2003 - 03:24 AM

LOL @ Tony !!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted July 17, 2003 - 07:29 AM

The Act of HUNTING down a Human Being "EVEN WITH A PAINT-BALL" is no less in my mind then the acts of the third reich.

The country you so lovingly call home, Trained and paid me to hunt down and kill people for 25 years, under the guise of the U.S. Army Special Operations..... So I guess that makes the United States the Western Sector of the Third Reich, in your estimation. :D I don't think so.... :D

This is nothing more than a bunch of consenting Adults doing something to get attention. Notice I did not condone their action's, Neither do I have to answer for them when my turn comes up in the Judgement seat..... I'll have a difficult time already with the blood on my own hands.

Your comparison however is totally off base.

Bonzai :)

• armourbl

Posted July 17, 2003 - 01:29 PM

Thank you Yamakaze...

ben

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted July 17, 2003 - 03:14 PM

Just heard on the news that the women get $1,000 (minimum they can get) if they get shot and $2,500 if they don't get hit.

If they did one with women hunting men, I'd sign up. I'd just need a bit of armor on the ol' tallywacker. :)

• blireef

Posted July 17, 2003 - 03:41 PM

Brandon, just checking to see if I was able to get my picture on my name.....Big Jim :) I guess it's not working yet, I did the free pics thing and then entered the url into my home, but so far no pic..OK, got it picture is of Baja 1000, 2002...kind of small but what the heck.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 18, 2003 - 04:03 AM

Yamakaze
First Thank you for serving our country, it is men like yourself that protect us all. Second I would agree that the special ops (or any of our armed forces) if used in an improper operation would be equated to the third reich, not the armed forces they follow orders, but the men that ordered them into the theater of battle. What I mean by improper I would qualify as unjustified, unqualified and outside the scope of our national security. Much like the Bombing of Bosnia that was unjustified and in my opinion to cover up a oval office BJ.

But the Metaphor I tried to depict was this. I think it just shows the acceptance of the brutal violence Some / Society show toward woman (NOT ALL OF US). I equated this in the Metaphor to show that by turning the other way and NOT letting this happen was no different in my opinion then German society in the time of the third reich.

I make no apologies for using the metaphor, I do apologies though for those that can not see the horror of this parasite and what it depicts as a sociological statement toward women.

• beezer

Posted July 18, 2003 - 05:00 AM

Please spare us the metaphors.

We are just a bunch of ignorant dirtbikers and most of them just go way over our heads. We are just not smart enough to have a discussion with someone with your MENSA level intelligence.

I don't want to get into a pickle, jus wanna ride my motosickle. :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) :usa: :usa: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

• YAMAKAZE

Posted July 18, 2003 - 05:50 AM

Bombing of Bosnia unjustified????? Were you there??? I was... I can tell you from 1st hand experience that the atrocities and carnage that was inflicted on those inocent civilians well justified the actions taken by the United States miliatry. If anything it should have occured sooner and with more force which may have saved the lives of the thosands lost.

I'll wager that in your extreme Liberal views that our invasion of Panama and Grenada was unjustified as well. I have lost several friends over the years in performing the missions that my country has seen fit to require my services in. I cannot remember one of my fallen comrads whining and complaining about putting their lives on the line in the defense of freedom of anywhere I have been sent. Your comment concerning the cover up of the "BJ" is narrow, shortsided and grossly misinformed. I have never been a President Bill Clinton fan, but the decision made concerning Bosinia was the correct one, as I feel that President Bushes decision to remove Saddam fom power was as well. We who have stood on the line, seen those things that would make people like you cringe in horror, are disserviced by your lack of knowledge and compassion for your fellow man.

Bottom line is that, Freedom has a different flavor for those who have defended it.

Bonzai :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 18, 2003 - 06:02 AM

Last response on this

Yamakaze I am sorry, I apologies.
Maybe I don't see things from your perspective and you don't see things from mine, so lets agree on that. Your right, I did not serve in any armed forces, I wish I had, but hind site is always 20/20. I do see panama and grenada as justified. I would ask what makes you think I / We are not involved in the same fight for that freedom. Serving does not make one a Patriot Yamakaze.

But a lib! now I am offended and an extreme lib! man thats a low shot.

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted July 18, 2003 - 09:18 AM

I make no apologies for using the metaphor, I do apologies though for those that can not see the horror of this parasite and what it depicts as a sociological statement toward women.

No offense, but I'll apologize for myself when I feel it's appropriate. No need to do so for me. Thank you all the same though. :)

• BigDesto

Posted July 18, 2003 - 12:18 PM

If i paid that much,i would like to take my kill home :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.