whats the difference?

3 replies to this topic
  • its_me_scooter

Posted December 05, 2010 - 05:55 AM

i have a wr450f 2009 and want to know what the difference is between it and a yz450f and what i ccan do to make it perform like one. Any help would be awesome

• William1

Posted December 05, 2010 - 06:07 AM

Carb
Cams
Crank
Flywheel
Stator
Starter
Electrical harness
CDI
Battery
Forks
Shock
Wheels
Transmission
Cooling system

I am sure I mised something. If you want a bike that runs like a YZ, buy a YZ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CanadianWR450

Posted December 05, 2010 - 08:09 AM

all the free mods, hotcam's or YZ cams, dump your estart, battery, and lights, side stand, and full exhaust, and it will certainly be more "YZ'ish" (not to be confused with "it will work as good as a YZ") while keeping what *most* consider the good stuff from the WR for woods riding which is the wide ratio tranny, heavier flywheel, 18" rear.

Anything more then that and I would suggest selling the WR to pick up a YZ.

For the record, *I* consider the magic button and side stand as must have for my own use...lol

• umu24013

Posted December 05, 2010 - 11:39 AM

Gas Tank
Seat
Air Box
Subframe
Side Stand
Exhaust
Headlight+tail light
Speedo

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.