The correct brake pads

No replies to this topic
  • travertt

Posted December 02, 2010 - 10:19 AM

I have an '04 WR450F...I installed new rear brake pads in May of this year, by October they were completly worn...virtually nothing left of the pads (rotors are fine).

I cannot remember the brand name but they had copper colored back plates.

The type of riding I do (non-competitive enduro) does not require a lot of heavy braking, in fact I would say that brake requirements are minimal. However...I ride in a lot of very dirty water and heavy mud..20 to 50 ft stretches of it that frequently completely cover the entire rear brake. In order to "plow/blast" thru this delightful slop I am often spinning my rear wheel while the entire rear brake is completely immersed. I expect it is safe to say that this is why my brake pads are toast after just a few months and not a lot of hours. My front ones are in much much better shape.

So my question is...should I replace these rear pads with sintered or non-sintered ones to get maximum longevity and/or is there a particular other type of pad I should be looking at given the wet muddy riding?

Thanks for your input.

Traver "Its what they don't tell you that you need to know!!!"

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.