Best Triple Clamp

11 replies to this topic
  • yz_ripper

Posted November 29, 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hi All, i had to replace my neck bearings and while i had the clamp removed i figured i'd invest in a new one (i have some extra cash), mainly to eliminate some arm pump i get after a few laps around the track. The bike is a 2008 YZ 450, im currently looking at RG3 clamps, any suggestions or feedback would be great!

thanks!

• grayracer513

Posted November 29, 2010 - 12:53 PM

Are you looking to change the handling characteristics, or do you just want rubber/isolated bar clamps?

• aedwards07

Posted November 29, 2010 - 04:11 PM

Im a huge fan of the X-trig clamps.Really you cant go wrong with them or RG3 clamps.

• HRC

Posted November 30, 2010 - 05:19 AM

I would go for the Xtrig clamps ! Adjustable offset, rubber mounts for the bar. Looks nice !

Posted Image

• ectm3

Posted November 30, 2010 - 07:59 AM

if you dont mind extra weight id go with the rg3 clamps.The best setup for weight and bang for you buck are the applied clamps(if your looking for a top and bottom setup with the offset). If your only looking for a top clamp id go withthe rg3.You could also try a stabilizer(Gpr or scotts)if your looking to get rid of arm pump a good stabilizer will work alot better than a tripple clamp setup.You can also buy tripple clamp setups from gpr or scotts that will give you the offset your looking for.

• bg10459

Posted December 01, 2010 - 04:09 PM

I've got nothing bad to say about the RG3 clamp on my YZ. I like the rubber mount clamp better than the solid mount BRP I had before. I also think I like 7/8 Renthals better than the Twinwalls I'm using.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BBrown626

Posted December 01, 2010 - 04:47 PM

Hi All, i had to replace my neck bearings and while i had the clamp removed i figured i'd invest in a new one (i have some extra cash), mainly to eliminate some arm pump i get after a few laps around the track. The bike is a 2008 YZ 450, im currently looking at RG3 clamps, any suggestions or feedback would be great!

thanks!

Spend the money on some time with a coach. The arm pump is probably due to riding posture.

• myoung

Posted December 01, 2010 - 11:21 PM

I don't get arm pump, but when I bought my '09, after just one ride I noticed some fatigue in my arms going from the RG3's on my 426 to the solid mount on the 450. I put the RG3's on the 450 and problem solved. They really do make a difference. Even if you didn't go with the RG3's, go with something isolated.

• HRC

Posted December 02, 2010 - 12:26 AM

One thing I don´t understand about Yamaha´s mx bikes, Why don´t ther fit rubbermounted bars on stock bikes ?

• myoung

Posted December 02, 2010 - 01:06 AM

One thing I don´t understand about Yamaha´s mx bikes, Why don´t ther fit rubbermounted bars on stock bikes ?

I think they did for a few years, then went back to solid in '09 so they could make the bar position adjustable.

• grayracer513

Posted December 02, 2010 - 07:27 AM

I think they did for a few years, then went back to solid in '09 so they could make the bar position adjustable.

If they ever had rubber mounted bars, it hasn't been in the last 12 years. They were cast into the triple clamp up until '06, but the '06-'08 models bolted into holes in the clamp without isolators. They were reversible so you could move the bars back 10mm if you wanted, but that was it.

• myoung

Posted December 02, 2010 - 08:45 AM

If they ever had rubber mounted bars, it hasn't been in the last 12 years. They were cast into the triple clamp up until '06, but the '06-'08 models bolted into holes in the clamp without isolators. They were reversible so you could move the bars back 10mm if you wanted, but that was it.

Oh, OK, for some reason I thought they went to that set up with isolators. My bad, carry on. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.