Aftermarket Ignition/Case Cover

2 replies to this topic
  • mikewrf18

Posted November 29, 2010 - 07:33 AM

I can't seem to find any aftermarket ignition/case covers for my 2007 WR450F. My shifter lever wore a groove almost completely through my ignition cover, and I can't seem to find anything online. I used JB Weld, smoothed it down, and painted it. It looks fine, and has held up for quite some time now. I've been thinking about replacing it though. I find plenty of clutch covers, no ignition covers. I bent my shifter lever out further, to keep it from occuring again.

Edited by mikewrf18, November 29, 2010 - 09:06 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted November 29, 2010 - 08:28 AM

I've put thousands of miles on various motorcycles, including my 2008 WR450F, with JB Weld repairs to the ignition covers. Put some paint on it and ride it.

• MANIAC998

Posted December 02, 2010 - 06:58 AM

ThumperTalk sells some covers that silicone seal onto the fragile DRZ covers. Can you make them fit? Maniac

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.