Suspension adjustment literature

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 12, 2001 - 08:23 AM

Could someone point me in the right direction. I'm looking for literature or a web page that has a good right up on adjusting suspension and setting it up. I would like something that tells what affect changing compression/rebound, sag, spring rates, fork ride hieght, etc etc etc.. has on the handling of your bike. I thought that I had my suspension tuned well but then my friend set my sag correctly and it made a huge difference. Now I'm wondering what else I can get out of it but I don't really understand how for instance a faster rebound will affect the handling of the bike. Anyways, some help with where I could find some info on this would be great!!

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426_Pilot

Posted March 12, 2001 - 08:56 AM

I'm like you. I need to read some stuff and learn. I raced on Saturday night and just didn't feel right because I bottomed a few times. I turned all 3 clickers in 2 clicks and it made an unbelievable difference. So, I remembered that I had checked out the following web site and thought it would be good for you to check out too:
Hope it helps.

• SNF

Posted March 12, 2001 - 11:56 AM

#3, look for - TOO TECH SUSPENSION. - fork tuning page. - basic suspension set-up.
Print them, read them one at a time, think about the concepts, read it again... and most importantly, go out and try changing one thing at a time to feel what's going on. I found the above sources quite helpful... Should you chose to accept the mission,,,, good luck..

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.