Yz 400 carb missing piece that can't be bought....

2 replies to this topic
  • djrevz

Posted November 26, 2010 - 01:10 AM

Hi to all, I am building a yz426 and a it looking very smart especially the carb, I zinc'ed and nickeled the carb... I know "why" but it does look awesome, problem I have is when you zinc metal parts you should always take nylon off If possible, my stupidity I did not... And resulted in the nylon getting eaten away by the zinc oxide solution, so I need another I have been everywhere and called many carburettor companies and it's not a piece you can buy.... So it seems it's going to be a lathe jobbie... I shall post pictures of the result later today.:p

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted November 26, 2010 - 05:09 AM

You do know there are internal rubber parts that cannot be accessed, right? And if the carb was dipped in an acid solution, chances are, they are ruined?

Back to your question - Buy a junk carb for the part you need.

• djrevz

Posted November 26, 2010 - 07:20 AM

It was ofcourse just the shell, i had completely stripped it all jets and seals replaced and is great, I had made the piece I needed earlier and am very happy with it, fits snug... :p cost me £2 for the piece of aluminium and 1.5 hours to get perfect. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.