Need new boots, what do you wear or what would you buy?

24 replies to this topic
  • Tim_in_WA

Posted April 01, 2001 - 12:00 PM

OK, I haven't seen Axo's listed, so I'll throw in my vote for the Axo RC-4's. I originally wanted to buy a pair of Sidi's because of how comfortable they are and how low profile the toe section is. But, my local dealers don't carry them and I didn't want to mail order. So, I popped $150 on some Axo RC-4's and they turned out to be great boots. Very comfy after a couple of break-in rides. Quality also appears to be first rate. Good luck....

• yam314

Posted April 01, 2001 - 05:20 PM

I've used AXO in the past and I get 2yrs max out of teh two prs I've owned.I bought some clearanc Tech 7's about 4 yrs ago and they are still in good shape.Im thinking about the A.P. Vectors for my next pair.

Jeff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted April 02, 2001 - 02:04 PM

I got the Tech 8's in today and they are way to tight. I usually order on size smaller in boots (10), I wear 11 shoes.

They fit so well :) they were to small (smashed toes :D and I only had dress socks on. I ordered 11's hoping they would fit right :D and have enough room for MX socks.

Dang, I was hoping to have them broke in for the weekend :D

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 04-02-2001).]

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted April 02, 2001 - 02:27 PM

Bill,
Maybe Kevin was onto something with the slippers.... :)

Mike

• ecarlson

Posted April 04, 2001 - 06:04 PM

I couldn't get my calfs into the Tech 8's and they didn't feel comfortable. I weigh 220 and am 6'0'. I know every one says you have to break them in, but I tried the Garne SG1's and love 'em!
Very stiff sole, very comfortable, metal buckles, 50/50 mix between leather and plastic. I highly recommend them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.