WR426 Carb swap and headlight question

2 replies to this topic
  • crash279

Posted November 22, 2010 - 08:31 PM

I have been thinking about switching the carb on my 01 WR426 to a newer FCR carb. Anybody have any advice either way on whether it's worth it? Any one carb work better than another?

I would also like to put a 07+ headlight on. Will it bolt right up, or do I need to get some additional parts?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW, if you have either one of these items that you're needing to get rid of, I'm in the market.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • foggy3061

Posted November 23, 2010 - 09:43 AM

I have been thinking about switching the carb on my 01 WR426 to a newer FCR carb. Anybody have any advice either way on whether it's worth it? Any one carb work better than another?

I would also like to put a 07+ headlight on. Will it bolt right up, or do I need to get some additional parts?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW, if you have either one of these items that you're needing to get rid of, I'm in the market.

The current carb should be fine, it maybe just needs some time to set it up and dial it in. Though any other 2002 > WR carb should work, you'll just need to rejet to suit your bike. If you pick up a 2003 > WR carb you'll get the benefit of a remote hotstart lever (mounted on the clutch perch). I have a 2004 WR 450 carb waiting to go onto my 2002 WR 426, just need the time!

As for the headlight, the top bolts right up but you will need to create a lower mount. The wiring connector is different, so you'll need to change that too. See here:
http://www.thumperta... light on my 06

And the original pictures from that thread:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The end result:

Posted Image

• crash279

Posted November 27, 2010 - 08:13 PM

very nice. As soon as I get the gremlin out of my carb or replace it, I'm gonna be throwing a new headlight assembly on there just like your's. Thanks for the help and pictures.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.