WR426 Carb swap and headlight question

I have been thinking about switching the carb on my 01 WR426 to a newer FCR carb. Anybody have any advice either way on whether it's worth it? Any one carb work better than another?

I would also like to put a 07+ headlight on. Will it bolt right up, or do I need to get some additional parts?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW, if you have either one of these items that you're needing to get rid of, I'm in the market.

I have been thinking about switching the carb on my 01 WR426 to a newer FCR carb. Anybody have any advice either way on whether it's worth it? Any one carb work better than another?

I would also like to put a 07+ headlight on. Will it bolt right up, or do I need to get some additional parts?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW, if you have either one of these items that you're needing to get rid of, I'm in the market.

The current carb should be fine, it maybe just needs some time to set it up and dial it in. Though any other 2002 > WR carb should work, you'll just need to rejet to suit your bike. If you pick up a 2003 > WR carb you'll get the benefit of a remote hotstart lever (mounted on the clutch perch). I have a 2004 WR 450 carb waiting to go onto my 2002 WR 426, just need the time!

As for the headlight, the top bolts right up but you will need to create a lower mount. The wiring connector is different, so you'll need to change that too. See here:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564670&highlight=mounted+an+07+light+on+my+06

And the original pictures from that thread:

9b0202c6_i-1.jpg

cfda7379_j-1.jpg

f243ef8c_k.jpg

28ca1454_l-1.jpg

d71ebfe0_b.jpg

a068bae9_a-1.jpg

The end result:

DSCF1424.jpg