yz450f rear wheel

7 replies to this topic
  • mxracer9c

Posted November 22, 2010 - 06:37 PM

My 450 rear rim has a dent and the dent is beginning to crack. If I am lucky enough to find someone parting out a bike, I could potentially get a nice used rim/assembly.......If I can not find an 06 assembly,will any other year work for my 2006? I know some parts are inter-changeable with different years.... any one have an idea?

• rubbersdown

Posted November 22, 2010 - 06:55 PM

06-09 wheels are the same. Not 100% sure about the earlier years though. Shoulda posted earlier, I parted out my 06 and just sold the complete rear wheel assembly for $75 2 days ago because I wanted the damn thing out of my garage and couldnt find anyone that would buy the damn thing.

• mxracer9c

Posted November 22, 2010 - 07:51 PM

you know....that seems to be the way things go....right? thank you for the information. There seems to be a few guys here selling stuff for Yammies so guess I better get back to trolling! thanx again!

• Steel Panther

Posted November 22, 2010 - 08:33 PM

06-09 wheels are the same. Not 100% sure about the earlier years though. Shoulda posted earlier, I parted out my 06 and just sold the complete rear wheel assembly for $75 2 days ago because I wanted the damn thing out of my garage and couldnt find anyone that would buy the damn thing.

09 rear hubs are different as they have a 25mm axle, prior years had a 22mm I believe. You would have to have get some 25mm axle blocks if you went that route.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 22, 2010 - 08:42 PM

..If I can not find an 06 assembly,will any other year work for my 2006?

Read:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=632582

• myoung

Posted November 22, 2010 - 11:19 PM

You can get a new rim and lace it up. Not that hard, plenty of how-to's here on TT.

• mxracer9c

Posted November 23, 2010 - 04:45 PM

Maybe for my birthday...but for right now....(just before christmas...) something used and affordable fits me better. I would like Santa to bring me a couple of Warp rims w powder coated hubs.....but I 'll just get coal like last year. Im still trying hard to make that last chunk of coal into a diamond.....how long should it be shoved up there?

• grayracer513

Posted November 23, 2010 - 05:43 PM

Im still trying hard to make that last chunk of coal into a diamond.....how long should it be shoved up there?

From 1 billion to 3.3 billion years.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.