`00YZ426 tank for a `01 WR426?

2 replies to this topic
  • Old_604

Posted November 22, 2010 - 02:03 PM

Anyone know the answer?

I've tried looking for part numbers to match up but haven't found any solid evidence one way or the other.

I have the `00 YZ and a buddy has the `01 WR. We went riding the other day and he high sided and slammed the tank into a rather large pointed rock punching a hole in the side of his tank. Weird!
At any rate, I have a spare tank the guy I bought my bike from gave me, it's a bigger tank. So I was thinking about giving it to my buddy if it'll fit.

He has to get a header and radiator too, so just trying to see if this would work before he orders the parts. If not he'll have to order a tnak too and might as well do one big order.
I'd run over to his house now and test it out, but we're not that close in distance....

Thanks ya'all!:p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 22, 2010 - 02:18 PM

Check out Myler's for the radiator.

Meanwhile, the answer on the gas tank question is that the WR/YZ tanks will only interchange if the seat and shrouds to match are also used.

If you're having problems finding a WR tank, see if Clarke offers one.

• myoung

Posted November 22, 2010 - 11:23 PM

Just a thought, he might like the ergonomics of the YZ desert tank and a YZ seat better than the stock WR set-up.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.