Latest Brain Fart

4 replies to this topic
  • L. Euler

Posted November 20, 2010 - 05:22 AM

So the drive gear for the odometer broke on my WR450. I removed the drive gear ordered a new one and in the mean time installed an axle spacer and left the meter cable disconnected so I could continue riding. The new drive gear arrived, I installed it and went to reconnect the cable. Soon discovered that the internal drive cable had completely slipped out of the outer sheath while riding. Now I'm waiting for a new odometer cable...doh!

• Shred Jesse

Posted November 22, 2010 - 11:58 AM

What did you use for an axle spacer exactly?

I'm debating removing all of that stuff as I just really don't care :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • L. Euler

Posted November 22, 2010 - 07:13 PM

because the odometer gear was wrecked, I salvaged the spacer from the gear.

• L. Euler

Posted November 23, 2010 - 04:31 AM

I would also add that right side secondary bearing seal is formed by the odometer gear assembly. I would not suggest riding without it unless you get a YZ front hub that has a recess for the secondary seal. You would also need a proper YZ spacer.

• SoCA_DRZ

Posted November 23, 2010 - 08:46 AM

Flatland Racing makes an odo removal spacer:

Posted Image

http://www.flatlandr...ter Eliminators

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.