yz426 hard to start. what should i do?

3 replies to this topic
  • 426beastlover

Posted November 19, 2010 - 02:05 PM

i just got another 426 this is my 2nd my first i bought new and never had any problems with it. but the new one that i just got is so damn hard to start from cold. when it warms up i dont even have to pull the hot start because it starts so easy when its warm. what should i do? could it be the valve's?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 19, 2010 - 02:12 PM

Well, it would be nice if you could tell us a bit more about what state of tune the bike is in.

Have you adjusted the fuel screw? Is the aircleaner clean?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huffster

Posted November 19, 2010 - 02:24 PM

Based on a very short description, I'd say it sounds like textbook valve clearance issues causing difficulty when cold.

• 426beastlover

Posted November 19, 2010 - 02:58 PM

where is the fuel screw is that the idle screw next to the hot start on the carb? and yes the airfilter is clean. ok what the bike dose step for step i go through the steps get the piston T.D.C. and kick it over some times it feels like i missed the kick its almost like its the there's no compression and then it will start on the next kick i dont know

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.