2006 450 gone bad

4 replies to this topic
  • mxkid23

Posted November 19, 2010 - 07:32 AM

the other day at the track i knew something didnt feel quiet right. went over this jump and the bike started to sound like it was bogging out as if it were going to die. but didnt, it had absoultly no power at all , was making a very loud clicking from the motor sounded like the piston was constantly tapping. it had no low end or top end power. need some advice on what i need to buy to fix this problem so i can get rid of it. please someone let me know what you think.:p

• grayracer513

Posted November 19, 2010 - 07:41 AM

Before you freak out entirely, have a look at the carb. See if it's still solidly clamped into the mounting sleeve. Carbs have been known to rock down out of place and dislodge themselves on hard landings. Not too likely, but it's worth looking at.

Failing that, check your cam timing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sacfelix

Posted November 19, 2010 - 07:50 AM

Well unfortunately your going to have to open her up and take a look. How many hours are on the bike?

• mxkid23

Posted November 22, 2010 - 05:29 PM

it has about 25hrs on it..at this point im thinking something inside may have bent? i havent got the time to take it apart yet but i did take off the valve cover and nothing looked offset. when i push down my kick start it does fineup untill i do it about four or five time then it will stop and wont want to move so i have to like bang it a couple time to get it to just want to crank over/ let me know if you have any ideas about what could have bent please guy...thanks!

• twomancrew

Posted November 22, 2010 - 06:20 PM

Listen to Gray & check timing. New timing chain $16, timing chain tensioner $50.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.