2010yz450 hop up

9 replies to this topic
  • Ron Hamp

Posted November 18, 2010 - 05:23 PM

We @ TUF have the engine kit ready for sale .The new yamaha engine responded to porting and the usual very good producing 60 hp and ove 37 #s torque.i had a x sx pro take it for a spin and said it was wy smoother and pulled much longer than the yzhe had ridden in the past.The tufracing.com sight is up and the kit can be purchased from the sight i was authorized to offer the first 5 kits @30% off if ron hamp is mentioned in the order .i will put up dyno graphs this week.

• grayracer513

Posted November 18, 2010 - 05:33 PM

The new Yamaha engine responded to porting and the usual very good producing 60 hp and over 37 #s torque.

I knew it would in your hands. :p

• brentn

Posted November 18, 2010 - 11:08 PM

How do your cams and porting compare to the GYTR ported head+cams?

Don't smack me in the face, I have a feeling your work is alot better but would like the details as I'm sure others would too!

• Ron Hamp

Posted November 19, 2010 - 05:53 AM

How do your cams and porting compare to the GYTR ported head+cams?

Don't smack me in the face, I have a feeling your work is alot better but would like the details as I'm sure others would too!

The Bike as tested on the dyno lacks torque down low even though its very quick reving the engine seems to have light crank mass.the cams that i desighned are shorter than stock duration and and produce more bottom end as well as top end .the stock head has an abrupt short side and did not produce swirl paterns like mine the head starts out with 106ccs and with the work i did still ended up with 106cc and flowing consideably more air the gyt head is a cleaned up intake port with even more volume the exhaust port is hogged out pretty good reducing velocity even more.a good example of engine effincency is the fuel required to make power i am up t 5% leaned @the top from stock and have taken timing out and still maKING 60 HP AND OVER 37 POUNDS OF TORQUE.

• fireball722

Posted November 19, 2010 - 05:56 AM

can you give us an idea of the price in detail thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SEOINAGE

Posted November 19, 2010 - 05:58 AM

can you give us an idea of the price in detail thanks

go to their website and look at products. Isn't the best to navigate but you can find it.

• fireball722

Posted November 19, 2010 - 05:59 AM

also does the yamaha controller can do the job ! with your set up

• Ron Hamp

Posted November 19, 2010 - 07:50 AM

also does the yamaha controller can do the job ! with your set up

I was quite concerned about that when i saw the limited avaiability of adjustment but after tuning with it and seeing a good AF ratio and and getting good power results im determined it will work great with our kit .

• mrtuf

Posted November 19, 2010 - 10:34 AM

go to their website and look at products. Isn't the best to navigate but you can find it.

Just to let you know the website is not finished and it will change as we update it every day. The only people who even know its up are those who heard about it from Ron here on Thumper Talk. You can order on it now. In the spot for the coupon code just type in ronhamp and it will automatically give it to you the discount. Also if you have any suggestions on what you would like to see in a website like this let us know. Thanks TUF Racing

• brentn

Posted November 19, 2010 - 11:24 AM

Do you offer a map for the power commander 5?
Also what air filter were you using? did you have to do the air box mod (drill little holes in the air ducts)?

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.