New (to Me) WR450F

27 replies to this topic
  • swolf

Posted December 10, 2010 - 01:24 PM

I removed a tube and a basket-like thing, and the metal gaskets.

the basket thing is your spark arrestor. put that back if your trail riding. i am looking for a stock tail pipe (tube) if you want to sell it.

• mikewrf18

Posted December 11, 2010 - 07:50 AM

the basket thing is your spark arrestor. put that back if your trail riding. i am looking for a stock tail pipe (tube) if you want to sell it.

I have a stock insert from an 07 WR if you need one. I also have a PRO MOTO quiet core insert that I won't be needing.

• jaymeian78

Posted December 11, 2010 - 03:58 PM

you can have it. i'll trade you for info on where i can find the AIS removal kit. Seems like no one has it ... is it still available? All websites say B/O. My local dealer is an idiot.

• swolf

Posted December 15, 2010 - 12:11 PM

sorrry been away. find a ais kit yet? i'm interested in at least a stock insert maybe all. i can check around for the ais kit

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted December 15, 2010 - 11:41 PM

DONT ride your bike until it has the 2004 parts in it!!!

if it goes snap you loose the crank!!!!!

also the crank to flywheel taper on some of the 2003s was bad so some locktight on there while your doing the 2004 parts is a good idea!!

• jaymeian78

Posted December 16, 2010 - 06:18 AM

sorrry been away. find a ais kit yet? i'm interested in at least a stock insert maybe all. i can check around for the ais kit

I did find the AIS, thank you. Also orderd the YZ throttle stop and a GYTR Oval ... i've got spring fever already. PM me and send your address - I'll ship you the p-shooter and whatever else I robbed out of the pipe.

JP

• swolf

Posted December 16, 2010 - 07:40 AM

I did find the AIS, thank you. Also orderd the YZ throttle stop and a GYTR Oval ... i've got spring fever already. PM me and send your address - I'll ship you the p-shooter and whatever else I robbed out of the pipe.

JP

Awesome thanks:thumbsup: I bought mine in jan 10 and couldn't go ride for a couple months due to snow. the trails didn't melt up high till late july. i'll pay for shipping or send somthing back.
pm sent

• mikewrf18

Posted December 23, 2010 - 01:13 AM

Awesome thanks:thumbsup: I bought mine in jan 10 and couldn't go ride for a couple months due to snow. the trails didn't melt up high till late july. i'll pay for shipping or send somthing back.
pm sent

Just PM'd you, then realized you got an insert coming already, after reading this post again. If you decide to go with an aftermarket insert, let me know. I have one sitting in my garage, not being used.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.