They're baa-ack. And they are very SMART.

10 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 17, 2010 - 06:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 18, 2010 - 04:16 PM

First ride with no alterations to Sag or clickers, and the results are very favorable. Man, does it like to get air!

More to come.

• majestic rider

Posted November 18, 2010 - 04:21 PM

what bike do you have?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 18, 2010 - 07:55 PM

what bike do you have?

2007 wr450

• WRrider128

Posted November 19, 2010 - 09:29 AM

very cool!!!! :thumbsup: is it modified stock or just completely after market? how much did u put yah back? might do that for my bike :p :mad:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 19, 2010 - 02:07 PM

very cool!!!! :thumbsup: is it modified stock or just completely after market? how much did u put yah back? might do that for my bike :p :mad:

The cost of the PHASE 4 fork conversion, plus a shock re-valve is about $420 before shipping.

That's about half the cost of what I was quoted by one of the Big Boys doing suspension work in Corona.

This is not your typical 'swap around a few shim stacks to match the last forks we did' re-valve, either. It is comprehensive!

If springs are needed that adds about $190, ($95 each end).

I added a ultra-trick shock bumper which is about $65, but I only did that because of the bike/rider weight combo. I am a Giant..................

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 21, 2010 - 05:26 PM

Rode again today on the new suspension. Way too muddy to tell too much, but the back end is a MAJOR improvement. Bike flies and lands like never before. Feels lighter.

It tracks great sitting down or standing up. The bike no longer squats in the back, so when you wick the throttle, the front end stands right up. Much easier to loft the wheel at the last minute.

Still working on the front end: I can't tell if it's packing down too soon, or not rebounding fast enough, but it's a little stiff.

Still a bit hard on the hands and shoulders at slower speeds (2nd and 3rd).

It might be the rear pushing up too fast too, I just can't tell yet......

Edited by Krannie, November 21, 2010 - 05:50 PM.

• tribalbc

Posted November 21, 2010 - 07:54 PM

Rode again today on the new suspension. Way too muddy to tell too much, but the back end is a MAJOR improvement. Bike flies and lands like never before. Feels lighter.

It tracks great sitting down or standing up. The bike no longer squats in the back, so when you wick the throttle, the front end stands right up. Much easier to loft the wheel at the last minute.

Still working on the front end: I can't tell if it's packing down too soon, or not rebounding fast enough, but it's a little stiff.

Still a bit hard on the hands and shoulders at slower speeds (2nd and 3rd).

It might be the rear pushing up too fast too, I just can't tell yet......

I found I had to add a couple clicks of rebound to the forks from the settings Dave recomended. Was packing a bit.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 21, 2010 - 09:07 PM

I found I had to add a couple clicks of rebound to the forks from the settings Dave recomended. Was packing a bit.

You are saying add MORE rebound to reduce packing? I don't understand how that would work....

• tribalbc

Posted November 21, 2010 - 09:26 PM

You are saying add MORE rebound to reduce packing? I don't understand how that would work....

Yeah that sounds backwards. Clicking out so the forks rebound MORE but reducing rebound dampening.
sorry brain fart :p

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 21, 2010 - 09:54 PM

Yeah that sounds backwards. Clicking out so the forks rebound MORE but reducing rebound dampening.
sorry brain fart :p

Well you never know. It took me a week to get the concept of the smaller leak jet giving you more apump squirt, so.........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.