Any thoughts about Classified Ads?

10 replies to this topic
  • Jake

Posted July 10, 2003 - 11:34 AM

Hey guys,
What would you think about an enhanced Classified Ads Section - One prepared specifically for Dirt Bikes?

• Talonboy

Posted July 10, 2003 - 02:15 PM

An ad from a person that has many postings in the forums might be much more trustworthy than an ad in a newspaper. :)

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted July 10, 2003 - 02:33 PM

Over the years I have bought & sold quite a bit of parts & learned a great deal of information on this forum and NEVER have I been mislead or have I felt cheated. The parts have been as discribed and the prices have been fair. I always have felt that you guys are all treating each other as you want to be treated. I pretty much trust any and all of you!!!!! :D
Thanx to each & all of you that I have dealt with. :)
Jim

• z4me

Posted July 10, 2003 - 03:13 PM

Hey guys,
What would you think about an enhanced Classified Ads Section - One prepared specifically for Dirt Bikes?

What do you mean? There already is a forum for selling dirt bikes as well as a forum for parts and one for gear.

Are you looking to expand on those, or start something new - I can't tell :)

• BigWhiteGuy

Posted July 11, 2003 - 08:14 AM

The thing with the current classified system on TT is that it is just a discussion forum. I think what TT needs is a classified system where you can easily do searches to find parts that fit your bike. Also a place to display pictures of the item would be very benificial. What do people feel about paying for a service like this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted July 11, 2003 - 09:04 AM

We could call it TBay!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 11, 2003 - 09:04 PM

The thing with the current classified system on TT is that it is just a discussion forum. I think what TT needs is a classified system where you can easily do searches to find parts that fit your bike. Also a place to display pictures of the item would be very benificial. What do people feel about paying for a service like this?

Only a glimmer in our eye at this point, but already on the radar screen fellas..

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 12, 2003 - 01:03 AM

I pretty much trust any and all of you!!!!!

Jim,
Although you can trust me with your Life, Money AND Wife**, we have had some issues w/ SPECIFIC ThumperTalkers.

I would HIGHLY recommend doing a SEARCH on the individual you plan on dealing w/. It is always nice to see the background/history of the person you are considering dealing w/.

** an old saying: "You can trust me with your Life, not your Money or your Wife".

• Motorod

Posted July 12, 2003 - 04:03 AM

Good Idea! :D Hurry up I got one for sale! :) I would like to trade it for a pit bike or another race bike. It would be nice to have these options in the new forum or TBAY network. :D :D

• curtis916

Posted July 14, 2003 - 03:07 PM

As long as you can see where the bike are from in the title or catagory.

• Hick

Posted July 14, 2003 - 07:30 PM

I don't see any need for it really. It only takes a minute to peruse all the new items during any given week. Anything older than that is typically been sold, or the seller will repost or "bump" the listing a few times before giving up. There just isn't the volume to warrant the utility afforded a catalogued, indexed, seller/buyer-rated system I don't think.

Just my opinion.

OTOH it could be a bit of chicken-egg thing going. Perhaps if TTalk had such a system more people would put parts and bikes in there.

But I just don't see it. If I have thumper parts to sell I go here first, no matter what, and would only use Ebay if there is no interest here. It is already easier to buy and sell parts on TTalk than Ebay. In my opinion.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.