Reasons I ride again

4 replies to this topic
  • Shawbridge Husky

Posted March 07, 2001 - 02:56 PM

Tourettes' Syndrom. That's the reason I got back into moto again from a 20 year layoff. I am partners with my brother in a CNC shop and experience wild times due to his condition. The 420 lets me blow off steam. The other day I sissy punched him a few times to get him to stop yelling on account that I asked him to change something in his tool path. He started freaking out a ran out with a metal bar. One of my guys called 911 and the cops showed up a half hour later. No joke! This is all true. Hope none of your relatives out there has Tourettes'. :)
'99 YZ-420 E-series pipe / header

[This message has been edited by Hugh LePage (edited 03-07-2001).]

• Clod_Thrower

Posted March 07, 2001 - 05:31 PM

Sorry to hear about your brother. I think there is a pro jumper (Twich?) that has this condition.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • katoomkid

Posted March 07, 2001 - 07:36 PM

hey sorry about your bro.
i work in a cnc shop and tool
paths make me cranky too
damn G codes, M codes,
riding isn't as scary
as a umpredicted rapid move.
ouch!!! crash!!!

98 yz 400 f

• Boit

Posted March 07, 2001 - 08:38 PM

Hugh: I wasn't aware that Tourette's affected the personality beyond an uncontrollable physical tic and sudden verbal outbursts of cursing. Are there more severe cases where the sufferer becomes violent and isn't aware of what he/she is doing?

My ex-wife is bipolar and that was a nightmare trying to live with her condition. I have a clue as to what it must be like for you. Best wishes... :)

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 03-07-2001).]

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted March 08, 2001 - 04:41 AM

Thanks for the support Guys. ( Yes programming can be stressful, we run Bosto's with IBAG spindles. Crash one of those and kiss 10,000.00 goodbye )

Boit, seems not all Tourette's cases are the same. My brother is extremely bright and has 2 degrees in the sciences. However his personality prevented him from working in his chosen field. He exibits exteme frustration totaly out of proportion to the incident. He exibited some character quirks early in life and we never knew what it was all about. Things got so out of hand one evening at work that I did some reaserch on the Web and finally found out what it was. He was never diagnosed and when confronted with this remains indifferent.

On a spiritual side we have all inhereted Adam's imprefection so this helps me deal with it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.