F*****g Carb slide

6 replies to this topic
  • Ynahg

Posted April 10, 2001 - 06:17 AM

Could someone explain me why this carbslide is so expensive (you'll probably explain me we are talking about hig tech racing materials .....) but if it 's really high tech, why does it break !!!!!????? :)

'99 WR400 F, YZ exhaust, throttle stop trimmed, WR timing, airbox cover removed

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 10, 2001 - 06:31 AM

If you have access to the right people, I wonder if one could be machined out of SS (inconel would be my favorite or maybe titanium)?

• James_Dean

Posted April 10, 2001 - 07:19 AM

Did you try getting it from Sudco or your local Keihin parts distributor in Belgium rather than the Yamaha dealer? The price should be better.

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited 04-10-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mech

Posted April 10, 2001 - 07:30 AM

I just broke my too. Darn it. Sudco don,t sell this parts. : (

• Scott

Posted April 10, 2001 - 07:38 AM

Sudco definitely sells the parts. I've bought 2 from them. :D

They call it a vacumm release plate. Make sure you buy the seal that goes behind it!!
The first one I bought, I didn't know that there was a seal for it and it broke after a few rides! :)

99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Uni filter,E-Series pipe,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,lights removed,YZ tank,13 tooth sprocket

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 10, 2001 - 10:05 AM

Is this something I can look forward to replacing? Did you do ant modifications to the carb (remove stop) to make this happen?

• Mech

Posted April 12, 2001 - 02:49 AM

Sudco don't sell this parts made of others materials like titanium. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.