Differences between 06' & 08' YZ450F

3 replies to this topic
  • curtis515s

Posted November 14, 2010 - 08:54 PM

I just sold my 2006 YZ450F. I owned this bike for three years and really liked it once grayracer helped me get the jetting correct. I was looking to buy a 06' or newer YZ250 stroke but they are impossible to find in Northern, CA. I'm getting impatient and today I came across a really clean 08' YZ450F and was wondering if there were many changes made to the 08' from my 06' ?

Thanks

• KJ790

Posted November 14, 2010 - 09:16 PM

Not a whole lot. They changed the frame slightly to make them handle better. The cams, CDI, and exhaust were changed to make the bike have a smoother power delivery. If you like the power of the 06 better it is easy to just get an 06 CDI and cams off of ebay and put them on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marker623

Posted November 14, 2010 - 09:28 PM

You will definitely want to replace the stock exhaust if that has not already been done. The 2008 had the mechanical baffle that affected performance.

• YamaLink

Posted November 15, 2010 - 10:20 AM

2008 was the first year I felt the handling and I came to an agreement. It turned so much better than my previous years all things being equal. I could ride the 08 like a big bore 250F whereas other years had me riding on top of it like the 450 it is. Both years good bikes though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.