'06 exhaust header the same as '07-'09's?

2 replies to this topic
  • atropine

Posted November 13, 2010 - 03:34 PM

I cracked the exhaust header on my 06 YZ450F. I have the stock header with a ProCircuit slip on. I looked around for a replacement head pipe, but I see mostly 07-09's listed. Will one of these fit on my 06? I'd like to just find a cheap replacement OEM takeoff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crf450319

Posted November 13, 2010 - 05:06 PM

The '07 OEM header might fit your PC can, but the '08/'09 won't for sure. For '08 Yamaha went with that crap shorty exhaust and enlarged the header.

• rmcr250r

Posted November 13, 2010 - 05:24 PM

I think you need an 06 if the can is specifically made for the 06. Looking at the inserts that came with my fmf silencer the 06 and 07 diameter seem to be quite different.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.