uncorking wr450?

6 replies to this topic
  • young004

Posted November 13, 2010 - 06:35 AM

Amature question from an amature. To uncork a 09' wr450 what do I remove? Do i simply remove everything or just certain componets like the baffle etc.?

• miweber929

Posted November 13, 2010 - 09:07 AM

Stickys are your friend. Look at the top.

• WR450FGreg

Posted November 13, 2010 - 11:51 AM

Yep, the first thing to do is look around the forum! :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vinmanod

Posted November 14, 2010 - 04:35 PM

I removed the pea shooter from mine and noticed increased performance.

• 1talbotj

Posted November 15, 2010 - 10:34 AM

more $ in parts = more speed...

• jkkavan

Posted November 15, 2010 - 06:38 PM

Funny question. As they say, a body of knowledge exists,
I pulled the 'pea-shooter' and the 'goggles' and disabled the Grey Wire, (Also took off the exhaust,) Wouldn't start. One week-old new 09 WR 450F. Put exhaust back on. No start. Hook up Battery tender pigtail and start charging. Re-enable Grey Wire. Bike starts. Call to Dealer (Tx 30 yrs. father/son Austin) "We stopped taking it apart." They couldn't really tell the difference riding. They did do the goggles and the throttle stop. Ground the stock part down. No re-jetting. I told to leave mine stock. Impulse purchase one weekend. I still will do the throttle stop and since I bought the GYRT kit the rest of it. It seems you really have to almost all these mod in sequence and mostly at the same time. Good luck. I can't ride the thing full out anyway. "Corked' is almost like a governor until you learn the bike's power. Only when you are worthy.

• 1talbotj

Posted November 16, 2010 - 08:13 AM

i did everything you did and my wr450 is so fast that i had to get sticky gloves just to be able to hang onto the handle bars,

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.