Power commander V *pics*

11 replies to this topic
  • brentn

Posted November 12, 2010 - 12:59 PM

Friggen pumped, I just ordered one and it'll be here by wed.

Too bad that we're getting snow by then... hopefully in the next few weeks it'll dry up for a ride to try it out.

Does anyone here have one for their 2011/2010? Curious to know how it affected your performance?
I know the stock ECU is pretty crappy for a fuel map, with adjustments that are too far apart in the RPM range. WIth the power tuner you can get very very precise fuel mapping which should offer a little bit more power and probably smoother power throughout the band.
Either way, for mods that come down the road this is defenitely the way to go, if you use any kind of cams, do a port job, exhaust etc the fuel map can be mapped out perfectly for these adjustments. More so if you go with the autotune where you no longer need to make adjustments via PC and the sensor does all the work.

• krony506

Posted November 13, 2010 - 06:01 AM

I have one coming for my RM-Z250 with the autotune. I cant wait!

• brentn

Posted November 13, 2010 - 02:54 PM

I'm defenitely going to go with the autotune, but maybe for christmas as I just don't have that extra cash to spend on my bike right now.

I was thinking of buying this part from eddie S as he would def install the bung for the o2 sensor on your pipe if you sent it to him. Probably costs a bit extra, but that guy def knows his stuff and I'm sure he would choose the best position, let alone do it properly.

How are you going to fit the sensor?
Are you doing it yourself?
If so, can you explain how deep it's going to go in the pipe, and the process for doing it?

• krony506

Posted November 13, 2010 - 04:13 PM

I will be doing it at work, One of my men is one hell of a craftsman. Once I get it mid next week I will let you know a little more. I was on dynojets web site and they have instructions you can read until it shows up. Seems pretty straight forward. I did some searching and I got the power commander V for $295.00 and the autotune for $199.00. I am stoked. I talked to Eddie and he said that the power commander was the only way to go. I would have been happier buying it off of him but I could not pass up the prices I found.

• brentn

Posted November 13, 2010 - 04:44 PM

I paid another 60 bucks over your price...

Gonna check out dynojets website and see if they have anything on my bike. Thanks for the info, and when you get it done if you could update that would be awesome!

• krony506

Posted November 14, 2010 - 08:13 AM

I will keep in touch and will provide pictures also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentn

Posted November 17, 2010 - 07:26 PM

Just got the power commander installed, bike fired right up after installation!
Posted Image
You can see where it's mounted just under the air duct with the little green light.

Software is really easy to use, adjustments can be made instantly if you know what your doing.
RPM increments are at every 250RPM, throttle intervals are at 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100%.
You can adjust the percent of fuel within each cell represented by the throttle position and RPM increments. Here's a shot of the program and the map for my bike;
Posted Image
It 'looks' like you can change each cell to up to 20%, not to sure on that though, 19% for sure according to my map...
Not to sure what the rules are for this software...

If you look at the map you can clearly see that everything has been leaned out quite a bit in some areas, with NO addition of fuel anywhere in the power band. I can only assume this is because of the stock pipe and how restrictive it really is.
Can't wait to try this out, too bad theres a foot and a half of snow outside my door and it's still coming down....

• tech24

Posted November 18, 2010 - 05:25 AM

I see you can adjust all the way down to 2% throttle. Is closed throttle postion actually 0%, I can't remember? What I'm wondering is can you lean out the starting a/f for better starting on hot starts?

• brentn

Posted November 18, 2010 - 11:39 AM

when you calibrate the TPS you reset it to 0 throttle.
I have been told by 3 different people that you can change the starting circuit, but quite honestly I have not really played with the software.
When I get back today I'll poke around and see.

• tech24

Posted November 18, 2010 - 12:11 PM

when you calibrate the TPS you reset it to 0 throttle.
I have been told by 3 different people that you can change the starting circuit, but quite honestly I have not really played with the software.
When I get back today I'll poke around and see.

cool cause if you can do that im gettin me one....well after some of the other things I want....c'mon paycheck

• brentn

Posted November 18, 2010 - 01:05 PM

The power commander will not calibrate the TPS with the engine off btw. The manual says that if this is the case you should do it on a dyno... ???
I let the bike warm up and then hit reset and it was at 0, then gave it a few good full snaps of throttle and hit save. just fyi

• grayracer513

Posted November 18, 2010 - 03:18 PM

The power commander will not calibrate the TPS with the engine off btw.

This is true because even by the service manual VOM method, what is calibrated is the TPS output voltage at idle. Without input voltage, there isn't any output voltage, so the engine has to be running regardless of what tool is used to adjust the TPS.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.