Leo Vince exhausts 35% off!

7 replies to this topic
  • Jim813

Posted November 11, 2010 - 10:29 PM

For anyone interested in an extremely high quality and quiet exhaust, Leo-Vince offering 35% off retail through the end of the year.

http://www.leovinceu...ents/IRS_X3.php

$325 for a full system on my 2008:thumbsup:

• AquaNut

Posted November 12, 2010 - 04:14 AM

Nice, that's my bike! Did you have to change your jetting? Any issues with the header covering up the oil filter bolt(s)?

thanks,

• Powderhound

Posted November 13, 2010 - 07:49 AM

Check out the pictures. Doesn't look like the filter is an issue
https://www.leovince...YAMAHA&Model=YZ 450 F&CC=450&Year=2009&Image=yamaha_yz450f_3679C.jpg&Type=Full System&SoundRating=&Description=MOTOCROSS/SM SS FULL-SYSTEM (CARBON END CAP)&PartNum=3679C&RetailPrice=324.35&Notes1=Includes 98/94dB Inserts & S/A&shipping=5

Edited by Powderhound, November 13, 2010 - 07:51 AM.
wrong link

• Sheridan450F

Posted November 13, 2010 - 01:32 PM

Is there any market for stock exhaust pipes? I can't afford a new exhaust system right now but if I sold my stock exhaust it might help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AquaNut

Posted November 14, 2010 - 06:49 AM

So I ordered my stainless full system exhaust yesterday for my 08 YZ450 and it was $335 plus $16 shipping! I can't see how I could go wrong with buying a full exhaust at that price.

I hear that the stock pipe really holds the bike back so I'm excited to see the difference.

• Jim813

Posted November 15, 2010 - 10:04 AM

So I ordered my stainless full system exhaust yesterday for my 08 YZ450 and it was $335 plus $16 shipping! I can't see how I could go wrong with buying a full exhaust at that price.

I hear that the stock pipe really holds the bike back so I'm excited to see the difference.

I haven't ordered mine but I plan to soon.

It seems quite a few people bump the mainjet up to a 165 and raise the needle one clip from stock (4th clip from top). Check out the jetting database in the "Sticky" section.

Let us know how it looks, and if you can pictures are always great!

• AquaNut

Posted November 15, 2010 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the jetting tip. They claim to make their system around "stock" jetting but that seems to be way to easy..... I'm going to call their support tomorrow and see what they recommend for sea level jetting.

Totally stock and without a pipe, when it's not warmed up, the bike seems to be very cold natured and doesn't fire up like my KTM. I'm not sure if that's a common thing for the YZ.

• ForsheeMS

Posted November 16, 2010 - 09:02 AM

Totally stock and without a pipe, when it's not warmed up, the bike seems to be very cold natured and doesn't fire up like my KTM. I'm not sure if that's a common thing for the YZ.

My woods rider has a 2007 set up for MX and a 2009 set up for woods. Both pop, crack, backfire and bog when cold but once completely warm they run perfect. Really weird.

There are no issues at all on the Leo Vince and clearance at the filter.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.