veterans day...off topic

6 replies to this topic
  • jayh300

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:49 AM

just a quick note.. as most of you know, grayracer's son is in the marines..
just wanted to stop in and say thanks to him for his service and all others in the military on veterans day..

• grayracer513

Posted November 11, 2010 - 07:23 AM

Thanks for that. And even more so, thanks to the very many people on this board who are either Veterans or are currently serving. This country depends on there being those with the determination to demand and establish Freedom, and on those who have the courage to defend it, whatever that may require.

I'm proud of each of you.

• tech24

Posted November 11, 2010 - 09:50 AM

+1 wouldn't be here without you all! :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mr. Neutron

Posted November 11, 2010 - 03:08 PM

+1 wouldn't be here without you all! :p

+ 2!!!!

Thanks to all of you that are currently serving, or have served! :thumbsup:

Jimmie

• Wiz636

Posted November 11, 2010 - 03:39 PM

Being the son of a Marine, a former Marine myself, and the father of a Marine I can tell you guys that the simple words of appreciation are huge and never forgotten. It was and is an honor to serve.

• brentn

Posted November 11, 2010 - 03:42 PM

+1 on his son, and any other man or woman who is currently serving.

Most importantly lets not forget the ones who paid the ultimate price for our freedom today back in WW2. My grandfather served and got shell shock, he died shortly after the war was over.

• grayracer513

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:17 PM

Being the son of a Marine, a former Marine myself, and the father of a Marine I can tell you guys that the simple words of appreciation are huge and never forgotten. It was and is an honor to serve.

There's no such thing as a former Marine.

It's only a shame that words of appreciation are all that most of you will will ever really get for it, except for the pride you can honestly feel for having stepped forward and done something truly noble and worthwhile. We are the ones honored by your service.

As Ronald Reagan said, "Some people spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.