WR 426 engine noise

3 replies to this topic
  • darky82

Posted November 10, 2010 - 10:29 PM

Just bought a YZF 426 for the engine since my WR 400 engine detonated. Had the stator changed from my WR 400 engine, still using my WR 400 CDI is this ok? Also the 426 engine was rebuit 2 rides before i got it been in my WR for about 2hr of road use but now i have a slight tapping coming from around the barrel area is this normal at operating temperature or is there a problem arising

• bmeador

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:14 AM

Check the valve clearance, If one is a little loose it will make a tapping sound. U might also reset the cam chain tensioner to make sure it has the proper tension on the cam chain.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • darky82

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:44 PM

ok cool but how do i reset the tension,

• _Hitman47

Posted November 11, 2010 - 10:11 PM

remove tensioner cap, get a thin screwdriver into the hole, screw it clockwise a bit and release. dont turn it backwards with your screwdriver, it's spring loaded.

But anyway, I doubt cam chain tension is the reason, my bet is on valve clearance.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.