Poor Running 05 WR450f

4 replies to this topic
  • prwr450f

Posted November 10, 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hi All,

New to this site and I must say it offers loads of useful information! I have a real challange on my hands! Looking for any help I can get!

I recently purchased a 2005 WR450F and it runs liks a bag of s@!T and I am starting to get very frustrated. I live in BC Canada we are sea level and it is currently in the 40 to 55 degeis temp.

Whats done: No grey wire (canadian bike), FMF header, removed baffel, AIS removal kit, GTYR air mixture screw and the throttle stop is removed.

The issues I am having are backfiring and poor idle. We just put a 50 main jet in it and seems a bit better just not 100% and thinking it may just be masking other issues in the carb? Does anyone know a good jet combo to start out with?

Thanks again!

Paul

• bulldog1331

Posted November 10, 2010 - 09:02 PM

There's a good "sticky" at the top of this forum about jetting and fuel...you may find that helpful?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 10, 2010 - 09:12 PM

Hi All,

New to this site and I must say it offers loads of useful information! I have a real challange on my hands! Looking for any help I can get!

I recently purchased a 2005 WR450F and it runs liks a bag of s@!T and I am starting to get very frustrated. I live in BC Canada we are sea level and it is currently in the 40 to 55 degeis temp.

Whats done: No grey wire (canadian bike), FMF header, removed baffel, AIS removal kit, GTYR air mixture screw and the throttle stop is removed.

The issues I am having are backfiring and poor idle. We just put a 50 main jet in it and seems a bit better just not 100% and thinking it may just be masking other issues in the carb? Does anyone know a good jet combo to start out with?

Thanks again!

Paul

You don't have to guess. Read the 'sticky's ' at the top of the forum.
It sounds like the carb is varnished up. Remove the pilot jet and replace it.

• wanawakeboard

Posted November 10, 2010 - 10:59 PM

check the valve clearances...

• prwr450f

Posted November 11, 2010 - 06:07 PM

The Sticky http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=309069 is perfect !

I think after reading "how to" now feel comfortable tryig to open up the carb. If that does not rectify it I will look at the valves. They were inspected/adjusted only 6 hours ago, but who knows.

I will try and not ask such searchable questions next time. Again "newbie" My last question of the evening is:

Does any one use a 50 pilot jet? as best I can read most people are running is a 48?

I can answer my own question this weekend when I do the appropriate test this weekend just looking for a little insight?

Thanks again.

Paul

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.