oil cooler in wr 400

2 replies to this topic
  • dragon

Posted November 09, 2010 - 04:56 AM

hi guys, was jus wondering, if putting an oil cooler in a 98 wr 400f does anything to make it run better and cooler, please chime in thoughts, tia

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • _Hitman47

Posted November 09, 2010 - 05:19 AM

dont think so, the oil doesn't heat up that much in your bike cuz it's liquid cooled, meaning that overall temp in your bike is lower then 180 deg, your bike doesn't have an oil squirter to cool the piston(and warm up itself) and the oil is stored in steel frame which is a good heat conductor. I would spend that money on something else :p

• Shred Jesse

Posted November 09, 2010 - 11:37 AM

I've only ridden my bike in the winter, but thus far it's a breeze to start, and stays cool as ice, even when idle-ing in place waiting for my pokey friends to show up, heh.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.