Barkbusters for the WR400F -- What are you running?

8 replies to this topic
  • Shred Jesse

Posted November 08, 2010 - 09:47 AM

Hey everyone!

So I broke a brake lever this weekend rallying around the Tillamook forest. It wasn't a day ending sort of break, but still un enjoyable. The current plastic handguards, that I beleive are OEM, just bend right up when they impact, not really protecting much. While it does save me against roost and trees, it's just a bit lack luster!

So, what are you all running?

• DSM_Tambo

Posted November 08, 2010 - 10:54 AM

Hi,

I am running the Moose racing Contour handguards. Saved my hands more than once. :p

• CanadianWR450

Posted November 08, 2010 - 11:06 AM

I'm running the UFO full wrap arounds on my 450 (Don't see why they would not work on a 400...).

Don't break the bank, and they have taken some hits, and the plastic shows it (rock gouges, etc...) but outside of that they have been worry and issue free, and have not moved since installed, and have defently saved me some levers.

Reflex blue = yamaha blue......

• kx250fnick

Posted November 08, 2010 - 12:32 PM

Metal hand guards are a must when dodging trees,or saving levers,guards that are steel or aluminum work best.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted November 08, 2010 - 12:37 PM

Moose. Good hand guards are the first thing I put on any bike I get. Mostly to save levers in a crash but they have prevented many broken hands as well from hitting trees in the tight stuff.

• Shred Jesse

Posted November 08, 2010 - 03:15 PM

Alright. I'd like a metal/plastic combo. ONly one I've seen thus far was Tusk.

Also, I should mention I'm running Renthal fat bars!

• CanadianWR450

Posted November 08, 2010 - 04:07 PM

The UFO's are metal/plastic, and full wrap around....
You can get a look at them doing their job here....lol..
and, yes, I was huffing, and puffing, like a old, fat heavy smoker, because thats what i am, and that was hour...ohhh...6 of what was a all around, wet, cold, miserable day....and that lil part of it just kinda topped it all off....lol

• Shred Jesse

Posted November 08, 2010 - 09:37 PM

Welp, if they work for a dieing geezer, they'll work for me :p

Thanks for the advice. I'm not so stoked on the whole broken lever thing...

• JDLowrance

Posted November 09, 2010 - 02:56 PM

Fastway or Cycra the only way to go. I run the Fastways on my Supermoto YZ-F and WR off road bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.