Dirt Riding Videos

6 replies to this topic
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted July 08, 2003 - 10:13 AM

I'm just beginning to test streaming videos. Here are two. The first was our first trial of the helmetcam a few miles from my house north of Detroit. I was riding with a back injury, but this is still my lack of finese style, no excuses. The second is on semi narrow single track up around Cadillac Michigan, Jeff is the lead and Jerry has the helmetcam. This is a better video. PS These should pull up in windows Media Player which might need a quick update.
View them at 100%

Fooling around

• live_to_ride

Posted July 08, 2003 - 10:37 AM

OH MAN......... That single track trail looks SO sweet. Smooth and fast. Good stuff.

• charlieb

Posted July 08, 2003 - 10:47 AM

Nice videos. The single track looks fun but it is a LOT wider than I am used to. Here are some vids of single track here in arizona plus some rocky wider trails.

http://www.az-fun.co.../what trail.mpg

here is the rocky stuff

Some of these are rather large so if you are on a dial up I would skip them. A couple of them are mpg files so just right click and save target as, then view them from your computer. I am on a WR450 with an extreme 480 helmet cam hooked to a sony cam corder. I hope you enjoy these. I know I enjoyed making them :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted July 08, 2003 - 01:04 PM

Your trails and videos are great. We Have about 2500 miles of trails set aside here in Michigan. Thats better than many states so we are somewhat fortunate. About 30% are like the video, another 30% are much narrower and twisting with hills, roots and some rocks. The remaining trails are wider or two track. We just have to work with what nature gave us.

• charlieb

Posted July 08, 2003 - 01:37 PM

The single track in those videos are pretty tame compared to most of the single track out here. The single track in my video is only "C" level stuff. The "A" level rides are way beyond me still. Most of the single track out here is nasty tight and technical, almost trials type riding.

• gloft

Posted July 08, 2003 - 01:43 PM

Guys, these are way kewl! What type of helmet cam are you using and what are the limitations? :)

• Jim_Patterson

Posted July 08, 2003 - 11:55 PM

The rocks and Cactus look like they would be very unpleasant. We get our challenge with higher speeds. On some two track dirt lanes we have hit 84 MPH when drag racing. I hope to ride out west soon. I probably will try Colorado high country because I've skied & snowmobiled it and it is more like what I'm used to. At age 64 I'm not looking for the ultimate challenges, just some speed, turns, hills and good thrills.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.