WR450F query

6 replies to this topic
  • kawarider21

Posted November 06, 2010 - 04:38 AM

Hi all, I have been lurking on this forum for a while now and am never dissapointed. There are so many interesting and educational threads out there and anyone who owns and rides one of these great bikes should be on here. Anyway, my query is I have just bought a 2010 wr450f and have installed a slip-on GYTR exhaust and the dealer said that I shoudn't worry about jetting it any different but it is backfiring on deceleration from fairly high speed so am wondering if it is the jetting? Or if it is quite normal? Or am I just being a dickhead who should just ride the thing and stop bitching?

cheers

• miweber929

Posted November 06, 2010 - 05:58 AM

Rejet. End of story, all better.

• L. Euler

Posted November 06, 2010 - 07:34 PM

Also try opening up the fuel screw a bit. Get a R&D remote one if it doesn't already have it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 07, 2010 - 08:59 AM

It's either an air leak in the exhaust system (the more likely) or a slightly lean idle mixture.

• homer2000

Posted November 07, 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hey kawarider21,
I've recently bought a 2010 wr450 too, and I want a gytr full exhaust system, I went to my local dealer, horizons in tassie
and there like 1800 dollars,
was just wondering how much u payed for the slip on gytr exhaust

• kawarider21

Posted November 09, 2010 - 02:03 AM

gday homer2000, the retail for the pipe was around $650 but the dealer gave me $100 off and he installed it straight away. He didn't want to touch the jets for some reason, you would expect the dealer to know what they are doing, so now I am getting someone I trust to take a look. $1800 for a full system sounds a bit steep, it might pay to look around.

• YamaLink

Posted November 09, 2010 - 07:48 AM

Whoa, that is insanely expensive. $1800 Aussie dollars.....must be some super duper titanium carbon fiber GYTR system (which of course does not exist).

Hey kawarider21,
I've recently bought a 2010 wr450 too, and I want a gytr full exhaust system, I went to my local dealer, horizons in tassie
and there like 1800 dollars,
was just wondering how much u payed for the slip on gytr exhaust

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.