08 yz450 cutting out at high rpm. tps?

3 replies to this topic
  • mdkcrf250r

Posted November 05, 2010 - 01:06 PM

My bike is cutting out at mid to high rpm. Low hours, drd full system, jetted spot on, valves in spec, 06 cdi. I'm at the park right now and this is killing me. I hope its the tps so I can continue to ride today after I disconnect it. I bought the cdi off here and it could be bad. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• usp4u

Posted November 05, 2010 - 01:08 PM

plug your '08 cdi back in.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mdkcrf250r

Posted November 05, 2010 - 01:40 PM

Tried the tps it didn't work. I don't have the 08 ecu to swap right now.

• mdkcrf250r

Posted November 05, 2010 - 07:32 PM

Well I traced it down to the charging coil. The spec is 720-1,080 ohms and Im getting an open line. So I need a magneto assembly which is $150. I'm gonna double check before I bite the bullet but I just wanted to update in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.