OT: 03 Yamaha Blaster questions

5 replies to this topic
  • YZ_Abuser

Posted July 08, 2003 - 06:27 AM

No, I haven't sold out. Try as I might, I wasn't successful in getting the woman of the house on a bike. So I bought her a new Blaster. It's a fun little quad but I know there is a lot of un-tapped potential there as well. Not EX400 eating potential. I'm thinking something along the lines of WR free mods to start with.

The 03 is a little improved over the prior years but I think basic engine stuff is the same. What can be done to get a little more power out of it? What is all that stuff on top of the carb? Is there a TT type site that deals with the Blaster?

Thanks in advance
:) :applause: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) :usa: :usa: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

• sparks426

Posted July 08, 2003 - 08:12 AM

I found this site that deals with atv's, and they seem to have some fairly good info - http://forums.atvconnection.com. The first thing I would change would be the air filter and maybe the pipe/silencer. You may be able to remove the air box lid, and then re-jet it. The stuff on top of the carb is a throttle position type sensor, and I believe it is there to prevent over-reving. If you do get a new air-filter, don't change to a slip-on type (i.e. get rid of the factory box). When I worked at a motorcycle shop in college we would get blasters in all the time blown-up from people using those filters and going to the sand dunes.

The blaster is a pretty good little machine, and you shouldn't have problems with it since you bought it new. Have fun!

• YZ_Abuser

Posted July 09, 2003 - 12:51 AM

Thanks, that's a start. I'm hoping to do little cheap stuff first. I want to make sure it stays easy to ride for her. If it's loud and peaky she may get discouraged.
:) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) :usa: :usa: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sparks426

Posted July 09, 2003 - 06:11 AM

Exactly. I purchased a Polaris trailblazer for my wife for the same reason - easy to ride, but not powerful enough to scare her away. I thought about putting a pipe on it and stuff like that so it would be able to pull paddles in the sand, but if I did that everyone would want to ride it!

• mbwhitfi

Posted July 09, 2003 - 07:12 AM

www.bluetraxx.com (Click FORUMS in the blue on the left, then go down and click blaster.

I just got my First YZ (a 1999 400F) Thursday. I have been on a Yamaha Warrior (4-stroke 350 Quad) since last Sept. Bluetraxx is a Premier Yamaha quad site with excellent tips and knowledge, Just wish I could get the free mod info for my YZ here on TT as easily. I'm still learning the TT site.

• 125shifter

Posted July 09, 2003 - 11:09 AM

kind of OT, well way OT, but here's a link to some YFZ450 quad vids.

Click on movies.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.