Relocate carb vent hoses on WR450?

1 reply to this topic
  • Mike_Hudson

Posted July 08, 2003 - 04:36 AM

I am in the process of moving the head vent tube to the air box. Do I need to move the carb vent hoses also? If so, do you leave a loop or go straight up to top of air box? I have been getting into some deep mud/water lately and want to make sure I keep the motor dry. Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gloft

Posted July 08, 2003 - 05:07 AM

Mike, Know the feeling. My rain gauge shows over 60" for the year here in N. Ga. I routed my engine breether hose to a T then one section into the airbox via a hole I drilled and the other section routed to allow any oil from the engine to drip on my chain. Just make sure you silicone seal around where you drilled. I also routed the upper carb vent hoses along both sides of the sub frame and into the top of the air box. Pretty easy and highly recommended as I found this bike doesn't like deep water crossings if the carb can't breeth. Good luck :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.