Australian DR-Z owners thread?

Noooooooo!

Well, I'm glad you're sticking around. You are one of the reasons I bought my DRZ back in '11. Good luck with the new bike M8.

Really.?...That is so humbling ....no worries, I will be here to help out when I can.... ?

Yeah .. I'm sure any Suspension flaws can be addressed .

Remember pics or it never happened :ride:

Of course mate.......Some test rides happening on Monday ..... ?

Taking the new KTM RC390 for a rip as well.....

Edited by Craigo
  • Like 2

Hey Guys....

I have made a decision to move on to another bike..so the 436 "Real Aussie E" must go unfortunately to make room.... :shocked:  ?

I know I need to post this in the Classifieds. but as it's sale is relevant to Australian Members only I am giving it a mention here first.....

There is nothing wrong with it. mechanically and cosmetically sound...Maintenance schedule has been ridiculously adhered to ...

Selling as in 1st pic with all the good bits plus all the original stuff (removed from new) thrown in plus many extras..

Was thinking $4,500 would be a reasonable asking price...This is mid range what the red book valuation guide suggests...(2010 model)

http://www.redbook.com.au/bikes/research/used/details/2010-suzuki-dr-z400e-578178?R=578178&Silo=Spec&Vertical=Bike&Ridx=0&eapi=2

So what do you all reckon..????

Just PM me if anyone is interested...

Location is Northside Brisbane...It's done around 15K kms which has been mostly on road...

And I still intend to bum around on the forum (before anyone asks... ?)

Hey Craig

I read this post a couple of days ago and waited this long because I needed to think about what I wanted to say.

i'm currently sipping on a Young's Double Chocolate Stout as I write this. It was preceeded by a couple of long necks of Cooper Sparkling Ale (it's Firday night - give me a break).

As much, or probably more than anyone else on TT, I have reason to be thankful for your assiatance and generosity. I'm not going to reiterate on what those things are. I remember what you did and I assume you can recall as well.

Enough about the past - I hope the new bike is everything you hope for. You have an Ozzie M8 here - M8.

Chris

• Like 3

Hey Craig

I read this post a couple of days ago and waited this long because I needed to think about what I wanted to say.

i'm currently sipping on a Young's Double Chocolate Stout as I write this. It was preceeded by a couple of long necks of Cooper Sparkling Ale (it's Firday night - give me a break).

As much, or probably more than anyone else on TT, I have reason to be thankful for your assiatance and generosity. I'm not going to reiterate on what those things are. I remember what you did and I assume you can recall as well.

Enough about the past - I hope the new bike is everything you hope for. You have an Ozzie M8 here - M8.

Chris

It's always been my pleasure to help out and will continue to do so in the future.....

Thanks Chris..... for being the nice guy you are,,,,, ?

• Like 2

Hey Guys....

I have made a decision to move on to another bike..so the 436 "Real Aussie E" must go unfortunately to make room.... :shocked:  ?

I know I need to post this in the Classifieds. but as it's sale is relevant to Australian Members only I am giving it a mention here first.....

There is nothing wrong with it. mechanically and cosmetically sound...Maintenance schedule has been ridiculously adhered to ...

Selling as in 1st pic with all the good bits plus all the original stuff (removed from new) thrown in plus many extras..

Was thinking $4,500 would be a reasonable asking price...This is mid range what the red book valuation guide suggests...(2010 model)

http://www.redbook.com.au/bikes/research/used/details/2010-suzuki-dr-z400e-578178?R=578178&Silo=Spec&Vertical=Bike&Ridx=0&eapi=2

So what do you all reckon..????

Just PM me if anyone is interested...

Location is Northside Brisbane...It's done around 15K kms which has been mostly on road...

And I still intend to bum around on the forum (before anyone asks... ?)

DSC02743.jpg

DSC02521.jpg

DSC02657.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

SOLD !  SOLD ! SOLD !..........

1st guy that inspected has become the new owner,,Didn't even haggle the price,,Took it for a ride and came back with a big smile on his dial and said...."Yep...I will take it."....

,My baby is like "Outa Here"..Not sure whether to be happy or sad.....

• Like 6

I'm sure you're in shock M8!!! Better get a new bike soon :D

SOLD ! SOLD ! SOLD !..........

1st guy that inspected has become the new owner,,Didn't even haggle the price,,Took it for a ride and came back with a big smile on his dial and said...."Yep...I will take it."....

,My baby is like "Outa Here"..Not sure whether to be happy or sad.....

Edited by Hundlewerx Motovision
  • Like 4

End of an era.

I'm glad it was an easy process. Not surprising considering what you were selling.

Now for what comes next . . :thinking:

Test ride a KTM RC390 and Yamaha MT-07 tomorrow....

Leaning towards the 390 at this stage....

Actually the guy that bought my DRZ won't pick it up for 2 days...I get to ride it to the shop tomorrow to get the Road Worthy Certificate....

Also ...I will do an oil change for him...he doesn't sound very mech minded....

• Like 2

As much as all of us "DRZ clan" hate to see you leave the fold M8.....im glad you got out hassle free and quickly. Not that thats ever hard if your selling a great bike  ?

Ive also considered the KTM 390 Duke. On paper it would suit me a treat. And i have sat on [but not ridden] both faired and un-faired versions.

I know the DRZ is a good ole 'lump.....but how can i say this. The 390's felt a little.....er......flimsy (?). But maybe thats progression and evolution............

Thanks for your input......The test ride will tell all..Keep ya posted... ?

• Like 1

I rode the KTM RC390 and Yam MT-07 today....

MT-07 ----> engine produced good power at all rpm's ,with emphasis in the mid range...probably too much motor for what I am wanting atm... ..

I didn't like the riding position , mainly related to the handle bar position .It felt like I was more of a passenger at the controls instead of feeling part of the package.. this possibly could be improved with low bar risers or flat bars...but I don't want to risk that path and find out it's still not going to work for me...

So it's a bit over $10k ride away in it's "Plain Jane" appearance.. :( ..NEXT

RC390 ----> the riding position was high on my mind ,so that's the 1st area of scrutiny...After jumping aboard my immediate thought is that this feels fast just sitting here..A comfortable reach to the bars, bicycle seat comfort to the butt (which adds to the sport bike feel)....so far all positive...

Power was down on the Yam (as expected) but it's power surges along to redline quite briskly,not arm wrenching ...just smooth and predictable...exactly the type of grunt I am looking for..the addition of the Akrapovic pipe is expected to add 4 to 5 hp to the party..So another tick...

In the looks and appearance stakes another tick...

This bike lived up to it's hype -----> now for tomorrow I have organised a longer test ride, not that It's really necessary, but encouraged the sales man that the extra ride was required to get a better feel for the bike (which is a bit of BS ,but heck....why not...lol)....I will be taking the demo as a loan bike deal and going to head for the hills

The next step is the haggling and shopping around for the best cash price sale....extras will be The Akrapovic pipe. factory decal kit and riser bubble factory race screen..

With factory rebates it's going to about the same coin as the MT-07 with all the add ons included...

Both bikes have Non adjustable dampening front and rear ..pre load only,for the rear shocks on both....on the road the 390's settings felt the better for my rider weight..

So that was my read of the bikes and the decision has been made.....KTM RC 390 is going to be the next chapter  ?  

Edited by Craigo
  • Like 2

I rode the KTM RC390 and Yam MT-07 today....

MT-07 ----> engine produced good power at all rpm's ,with emphasis in the mid range...probably too much motor for what I am wanting atm... ..

I didn't like the riding position , mainly related to the handle bar position .It felt like I was more of a passenger at the controls instead of feeling part of the package.. this possibly could be improved with low bar risers or flat bars...but I don't want to risk that path and find out it's still not going to work for me...

So it's a bit over $10k ride away in it's "Plain Jane" appearance.. :( ..NEXT

RC390 ----> the riding position was high on my mind ,so that's the 1st area of scrutiny...After jumping aboard my immediate thought is that this feels fast just sitting here..A comfortable reach to the bars, bicycle seat comfort to the butt (which adds to the sport bike feel)....so far all positive...

Power was down on the Yam (as expected) but it's power surges along to redline quite briskly,not arm wrenching ...just smooth and predictable...exactly the type of grunt I am looking for..the addition of the Akrapovic pipe is expected to add 4 to 5 hp to the party..So another tick...

In the looks and appearance stakes another tick...

This bike lived up to it's hype -----> now for tomorrow I have organised a longer test ride, not that It's really necessary, but encouraged the sales man that the extra ride was required to get a better feel for the bike (which is a bit of BS ,but heck....why not...lol)....I will be taking the demo as a loan bike deal and going to head for the hills

The next step is the haggling and shopping around for the best cash price sale....extras will be The Akrapovic pipe. factory decal kit and riser bubble factory race screen..

With factory rebates it's going to about the same coin as the MT-07 with all the add ons included...

Both bikes have Non adjustable dampening front and rear ..pre load only,for the rear shocks on both....on the road the 390's settings felt the better for my rider weight..

So that was my read of the bikes and the decision has been made.....KTM RC 390 is going to be the beast ?  

Thanks for sharing.  I was wondering about the KTM 390 but thought it might be down on HP and geared for the race track.  I'd be very interested in your review after your longer ride especially how it performed in the twisties.

I'm thinking about the KTM Duke 690R.  I hope to take one for a test ride this month and maybe the 390 if you give it the thumbs up after the longer ride.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing.  I was wondering about the KTM 390 but thought it might be down on HP and geared for the race track.  I'd be very interested in your review after your longer ride especially how it performed in the twisties.

I'm thinking about the KTM Duke 690R.  I hope to take one for a test ride this month and maybe the 390 if you give it the thumbs up after the longer ride.

Unfortunately the riding position of the 690 Duke don't suit tall riders..I rode it, no good for me...if they made a KTM RC 690 I would be interested

• Like 2