BAD news for my baby 426! help?

31 replies to this topic
  • dubee

Posted November 19, 2010 - 10:57 AM

When you pull your flywheel and timing chain, carefully expect the gears that run the timing chain (crank end) - if there is noticeable wear - REPLACE your crank before your timing chain skips or you'll be into a whole lot of dollars soon through buying a new head or rebuilding your head.

you have to replace the whole crank if so?

• dubee

Posted November 19, 2010 - 10:59 AM

Got it cowboy thanks again, let me know how your installation goes.

• grayracer513

Posted November 19, 2010 - 11:16 AM

you have to replace the whole crank if so?

Visible wear and excessive wear are two different things. And yes, at least the left crank axle would need to be replaced.

• cowboyona426

Posted November 19, 2010 - 11:18 AM

Got it cowboy thanks again, let me know how your installation goes.

My wife is having an estrogen festival at our house this weekend, so I'll be basically living in the garage. Suffice it to say the bike will be done by Sunday evening, if not sooner :p I need some quality time in the garage anyways!

• dubee

Posted January 14, 2011 - 09:08 AM

thats good news!!!!
so did you get it together?? i have my rod kit ordered... once i get it i will tear the bottum end apart..

And for some reason i cant find your thread you had with the cross refference for the bottum end bearings.?

• dubee

Posted January 28, 2011 - 10:52 AM

Well i got my rod kit here. Now im odering gasket set piston and rings and new timing chain today any brand i should avoid gettin?

Should i stick with stock piston or maybe a high performance piston?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted January 31, 2011 - 08:25 AM

I haven't touched my project in months... too much life going on unfortunately. Hopefully you have better luck than I'm having with mine.

• dubee

Posted March 08, 2011 - 06:42 AM

hey! well i just got my gasket kit, cam chain, piston and rings should be here today.

But i have one problem the cam chain i got is made in china! :S and you can kinda tell it was too..So im kinda scared to use it... should i inspect the old one and see if it is reusable? or should i find i better brand of cam chain!?

• cowboyona426

Posted March 08, 2011 - 06:52 AM

I'd send the made in China chain back and get an OEM chain if you suspect the old one is beyond its serviceable limits. And no, my project is still not back together :thumbsup:

• dubee

Posted March 08, 2011 - 06:52 AM

i got a YBN magnum cam chain. chain as japan specification yaban chain industrial.?

• dubee

Posted March 08, 2011 - 07:27 AM

yea thats prolly what im gonna do lol i just need to figure out which two lowerend bearing i need lol ( my paper is a mess!!) then i got evrything to rebuild!!!

• dubee

Posted April 07, 2011 - 11:47 AM

Can anyone tell me what the end of the inner clutch push rod is supposed to look like?
Mine is kinda mushroomed?(before rebuild i had trouble with hard clutch lever pull in) should the END of that rod be like a point or just flat? and mine is just showing some wear?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.