How Hot Was it?

5 replies to this topic
  • Rokatt88

Posted July 07, 2003 - 03:38 PM

Me & ThumpDaddy went out to Lake Havasu for the 4th weekend. Took the BRP's along too. Hey, it was only about 118-120 degrees :) :D :D Gotta git up early to ride to the mines! Good thing there is a lot of water near by! :D

• AzMtnThumper

Posted July 08, 2003 - 04:27 AM

I'm sure it was nice and toasty. :) Where do you ride over there? I've heard of an area called Standard Wash OHV area that is south (?) of Lake Havasu City (AZ side)that is supposed to be pretty good. I'm thinking Thanksgiving weekend or New Years would be a good time to visit.

• Rokatt88

Posted July 08, 2003 - 05:52 AM

A-M-T,

My family has a mobile home over on the Cali side of the Lake at Havasu Landing. We just ride out of the mobile home park into the wide open spaces. It's so nice out there! The trails and roads are not over-ridden like say Ocotillo gets. The BRP's are truly in their element here! There are mines, petroglyphs on rocks and wells that you can ride out to and take the old Parker to Laughlin trail. You can also ride the power line road from Havasu Landing to Parker. This takes you through some awesome scenery, very rugged and severe topography. Niiiice! Yeah, it was COOKIN"! :D What's sweet is getting back to the house with air conditioning then hopping on the Doo's and getting wet! :D Can't wait until October comes around. It's sweet weather then! :) See ya there? :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • loufish

Posted July 08, 2003 - 04:08 PM

I got to hand it to you, that's some hot riding. Eight of us headed up to Lucerne Vally last Aug, it was about 112 deg. six of us (me included) got some level of heat exhaustion, my BRP pulled a no start about 2 miles away from camp, it took me almost 5 minutes of kicking to get it fired up, I used every trick I could think of to get her running, no help. By the time it fired, I was so overheated, I quit sweating. We headed straight back to camp ( no ski-doos ) and got us cooled down with plenty of water poured on the wrists, and neck.
This was the hottest that I had rode the XR, I noticed a lack of power also, but we were at 3000 ft plus, so that didn't help us any. I might try riding in that heat again, but only if I had a nice cool pool to dive into afterwards! :)

• Rokatt88

Posted July 08, 2003 - 04:44 PM

Man, I hear ya! Last year we went out to Superstitian Mountain from our camp at Ocotillo Wells. I can't remember exactly what time of year it was (because I cooked my brain!) but man, I overheated. I didn't really appriciate a 70 oz. Camel Back back then. It was all I could do to get back to camp without falling off my scoot and then I put a full ice bag on my head for a looooong time :D I had little desert fairies flying 'round my head! :D I bought a Camel Back the next day and don't/won't ride without it from then on. Hydration is key!

Maybe we should do a Thumpy Ride out at Havasu when it cools off? Who's in? :) :D

• AzMtnThumper

Posted July 09, 2003 - 08:09 PM

See ya there? :)

I'd love to ride over there, I'll know what my October is shaping up like by the end of this month.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.