'07 Wr250f Exhaust on '99 Wr400f

7 replies to this topic
  • Thommo_400f

Posted November 01, 2010 - 06:58 PM

Do the guru's here think it would be possible to fit an 07 wr250 stock exhaust to a 99 wr400?
I've been looking to silence my beast which currently has a White Bros e-series which is deafening.
Performance isn't an issue as I'm just chugging along with the kids and the occasional trail ride.
Main reason for the odd question is that I noticed a brand new one REALLY cheap.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

• YamaLink

Posted November 01, 2010 - 07:14 PM

Are you thinking of fabricating mounting tabs and/or cutting pipe for this fit? Considering the time and expensive it may over-ride the great deal you've found. Keep us up to date if you do attempt the fit. Good luck!

• Thommo_400f

Posted November 01, 2010 - 07:20 PM

I'm hoping that someone may have attempted something like this already.
I'm not really sure how close it is without mods.

• Thommo_400f

Posted November 08, 2010 - 01:21 AM

Well not wanting to risk having to modify a recent pipe, I have found a cheap '01 426 original pipe which I have heard shoul bolt straight on to my 400f.

Here's hoping. ;0)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted November 08, 2010 - 11:18 AM

Well not wanting to risk having to modify a recent pipe, I have found a cheap '01 426 original pipe which I have heard shoul bolt straight on to my 400f.

Here's hoping. ;0)

It will bolt right up:thumbsup:

• Thommo_400f

Posted November 15, 2010 - 03:06 AM

I appreciate the advice....
I love eBay... Got a 426 exhaust almost new condition for only $75 !!!
Bolted straight on this afternoon :p
Haven't kicked her over yet though.... Too late at night.
Can't wait till tomorrow to test it out.
I'm hoping the carbi won't need adjusting!?

Edited by Thommo_400f, November 15, 2010 - 03:07 AM.
Spelling

• Thommo_400f

Posted November 15, 2010 - 07:56 PM

OMG!
The sound is sooooo much quieter, I can actually hear the engine rather than the trumpet at the back!
Now for the test ride....hope it hasn't restricted it too much !?

• Thommo_400f

Posted November 22, 2010 - 07:54 PM

Just a follow-up:
The Original 426 exhaust was like dragging a bag of sand around!
So...
I am currently re-packing my White Bros (Which was EMPTY) for general fun and power and I'll just keep the 426 for passing rego....unless I can figure out how to get the baffle out as it is a completely welded shut version. I may be able to pull the centre out of the baffle, but not likely as it is in there pretty damn tight.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.