WR400 and YZ400 interchangability?

2 replies to this topic
  • Shred Jesse

Posted November 01, 2010 - 10:31 AM

So, I frequently am having trouble looking up aftermarket parts for the WR400 that I really want. For example I want a TM designs REALLY nice swing arm rub guards. They don't make it for the WR400, and I don't know if the YZ400 one is interchangable.

So, could some one clue me in on what differences there are between these models, or is it MOSTLY just the engine internals, tank (and therefore plastic mounting points), suspension internals, and sprocket sizes?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • - Jake -

Posted November 02, 2010 - 06:30 PM

Look on an online parts fische, like the one at www.boats.net
Find the part for your model then click on the part number and it will tell you which other models that part was used on.

• wild west al

Posted November 09, 2010 - 01:20 AM

Hey -Jake-
Thanks for that link.I now know i have to rebuild my genuine crankshaft or buy a new oem at about 3 times the price of a wr450 crank?????????Go figure that out !THIEVEN MUNGRELS!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.