Acerbis 6.6 gallon tank fitment issues - 03-06

3 replies to this topic
  • JamieB

Posted October 30, 2010 - 01:06 PM

Does anybody recall hearing about or having any fitment issues with the Acerbis 6.6 gallon tank on their WR? I bought a new-old stock and tried to fit it onto my WR. It bolts up for the most part but the mounting brackets do not fit and my seat is about 1" too long. My bike is an 06 WR. The 6.6 is supposed to fit all 03-06 per Acerbis. I called Acerbis and they confirmed the model of the tank is correct, but could not help any further. The guy was a little dodgy with information, so I'm thinking they may have had a run of tanks at some time that weren't 100%.

• miweber929

Posted October 31, 2010 - 04:58 AM

You the original owner of your bike? Sounds like you have a YZ seat (and I'd imagine tank as well) on your bike.

Haven't personally done an IMS on my 04, but used them on a couple other bikes snd they worked perfect. Doubt they'd sell a bad batch that far off.

Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JamieB

Posted November 01, 2010 - 03:43 PM

You the original owner of your bike? Sounds like you have a YZ seat (and I'd imagine tank as well) on your bike.

Haven't personally done an IMS on my 04, but used them on a couple other bikes snd they worked perfect. Doubt they'd sell a bad batch that far off.

Mike

I'm pretty sure I have the WR tank and seat, but I'm thinking you might be on the right track. The guy at Acerbis said he thought I might need a YZ seat, but then backed off that statement. From looking at pics, the YZ seats look a little shorter.

• gearhead86

Posted November 01, 2010 - 06:21 PM

I have an 04 that I put that tank on. The brackets didn't fit at all. I just left them off. I don't think they did much.

The seat was a bit tight going on, but was ok.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.