Wanted

8 replies to this topic
  • Tom_N

Posted March 01, 2001 - 10:53 PM

I am in need of a seat for a 98 yz400.

Willing to pay $100.00 for one.

I found some being offered new from SDG for 89.99 however they are a new product for them. They will not start production on them until the end of March.. I really don't want to wait that long.. if anyone has one let me know.

• Bill

Posted March 01, 2001 - 03:05 PM

Tom,

I bought my YZ seat from IMS for $125 complete (base, cover and foam) you'll have to transfer the mounting brackets from the old seat.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• Tom_N

Posted March 02, 2001 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for info, I will check into it but I don't have any mounting brackets that I can use unless they work from the WR seat I had on the bike..

I bought the bike used and it had a WR tank and seat on it so I am swapping it out to get it back to stock.

• Bill

Posted March 02, 2001 - 02:27 PM

Tom,

Go to the WR side of TT and check a similar thread. They are saying someone has a new seat for $88. Yes, you can use the WR brackets to mount the seat.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EMARacing

Posted March 02, 2001 - 04:37 PM

I called SDG today and ordered a new complete seat. They told me they have them in stock. But I have a 00 YZ426 so maybe that is the difference. The seat is going along with my "Orange Crush" Acerbis plastic kit. Check it out, its killer.

• FOX426

Posted March 02, 2001 - 06:36 PM

EMA racing, can you get that complete seat in ataller foam? Bill what about that IMS, taller foam?

• MotoGreg

Posted March 02, 2001 - 06:41 PM

I was at Berts Motorcycles about three weeks ago and they had the SDG seat. I know from mountain bikes that SDG stuff is as good as it gets. The motorcycle seat I saw felt a lot lighter than my stock seat, I guess due to a different material for the seat base. Also, they use a different foam made for boats that won't break down after getting wet over time. It looked like a way nicer seat than the stock Yamaha seat to me.

• FOX426

Posted March 02, 2001 - 07:01 PM

Motogreg, could you tell if it was any taller or thicker than stock?

• EMARacing

Posted March 03, 2001 - 05:34 AM

Right now they only have stock height. The taller seats will be out starting in May.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.