jetting results

5 replies to this topic
  • larsonsenza

Posted July 06, 2003 - 01:32 PM

I jetted to eln #3, 38pj, 60-65pas, 1.5ps, 165mj, 200maj. In first gear I have a studder or kind of cutting out when the rpms build. Rest of gears are ok. I tried ps from o to 3 turns and didn't really seem to change anything. Any suggestions. I wanted to put a 160 maj and go down on my main to 160 but did not get it before I left for up north. Before I did this, with the eln #3 and rest stock, the studder was in first and second. Trying to figure out if to lean or rich on pilot circuit, or should I go to clip 4 and drop the main to 160. Also, what does the 160 maj bring to the equation. Any info will be greatly apprecaited.

• RSA210

Posted July 07, 2003 - 03:44 AM

Larson,I,m pretty close to you I,m running OBEKN #3 40/70 PAS but on the mains we,re a mile apart.I using 158/160 MAJ.I suspect you're fat up top.I run-No Lid,YZ Pipe w/Quiet Insert & WR timing& BKed.This hits down low real nice & pulls clean for me,best set up so far.I ride in Michigan from 500-1500 ft.160/160 seemed too rich for me.

• tctrailrider

Posted July 07, 2003 - 04:36 AM

Larson,
Think you are good on PJ, PAS. I would go with 160MJ, 160MAJ, fuel screw 1.75. Try current clip 3 and then give it a test on clip 4. One of those setups should be wonderful.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • larsonsenza

Posted July 07, 2003 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for the replies. My next time up north I will have the 160 maj and a power now. I will try the 160mj when I put in the 160maj, and leave eln at clip 3, with 38/60-65. Just wondering what the maj effects (low, middle, top) and is the 160maj richer than the 200 maj. I would guess so because there would be less air?

• tctrailrider

Posted July 08, 2003 - 03:35 AM

Larson,
The MJ effects mostly the 3/4 and up throttle settings, but has some effect as low as 1/4. To go smaller on the MAJ
will richen the mixture. When you change the MJ, MAJ pay close attention to the changes 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, it will give you a hint about your clip position. If you drop the MJ and it runs worse at 1/4 to 1/2, this would indicate that you need to raise the needle. The PJ, PAS effects only the 1/4 and under. With the fuel jets and air jets I think of the MJ, PJ as controling the volume, and the MAJ, PAJ as controling the mixture, and when both are correct it will rip. Hope this helps.

• curtis916

Posted July 14, 2003 - 03:10 PM

Thanks I will try that also...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.