05 yz450 hard starting please help

1 reply to this topic
  • art_v

Posted October 28, 2010 - 03:07 PM

hi i just bought my first 4stroke a o5 yz450. the problem is that when i start my bike it will take a few kicks to get it started when could but when its hot it takes almost 20 kicks to start it and some times i would have to cleaned carbpull the choke out to get it to run then when i push it back in it would stall out but when it does fire back up it runs good till i turn it off and have to start it again also it will back fire and idle high oh and when i do turn it off it makes a weird sound out the exhaut like a quiet backfire this thing is driving me nuts what i have done so far to the bike is this

had valves adjusted

put in a bigger jet and the needle is 2 full turns out

also did not find an exhaust leak

thanks for any help kicking this thing over so many times is killing me lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kdub442

Posted October 29, 2010 - 01:29 PM

I had a problem getting mine started hot, but that wasn't my main complaint. It was the bog and stall with throttle chops and quick throttle. Sent the carb to Zipty for their racing mod. I think $125. Cured everything. Starts super easy now all the time. Watch out for the new found throttle response. I was doing the arm pump wave, and just touched the throttle without having a good grip. Sent me for a loop. Now when my hand touches the throttle it is with intent.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.